Previous Years Papers for GATE
Posted: Jan 29, 2021
For admission in post graduate courses (M. Tech and Ph.D. programs) from various IITs, IISc and other engineering institution, there are two entrance exams as below.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE): It is a computer based examination conducted jointly by Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) on behalf of Ministry of Education, Government of India. This exam is conducted online in the month of February at different cities of India. Ministry of Human Resource Development offers financial assistantship to the qualified students who take admission in post graduation. This exam tests the comprehensive understanding of the students in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering / Technology / Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science.
Joint Admission Test for Masters (JAM): This is also an all-India computer based entrance examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) on behalf of Ministry of Education, Government of India. The main objective of this exam is providing opportunity to bright students who are seeking career in science field for admission to M.Sc. (Two-Year), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., Dual Degree, Integrated Ph.D. and other Post-Bachelor Degree programmes. The vibrant academic ambiance, the inter-disciplinary interactions and research infrastructure of the IISc & IITs motivates the students to pursue R&D careers in frontier areas of basic sciences as well as inter-disciplinary areas of science and technology.
GATE Score and Previous Year Papers For GATE: GATE 2021 score is valid for three years from the date of announcement of the results. Earlier fewer options were available to the students after cracking gate exam e.g. scientist or a professor but nowadays the scenario has changed and scope has widen up. Now there are many more career options that students can explore with a decent gate score and recently there is huge growth in the number of aspirants for gate exam. Cut off score for admission to IIS or IIT for doing M.Tech / Ph.D is increasing every year and competition is becoming too difficult. Therefore, preparation of GATE should be properly planned. Previous years papers of GATE helps the students a lot in understanding syllabus coverage, types and level of difficulty of questions and time management. These previous year papers are available on websites of IITs in PDF format from where student can download them without any cost. From these previous year papers, students can plan and control their studies. Similarly, GATE 2021 question papers and key will be uploaded on the official website after the exam in February 2021.
How to check and download GATE question papers?
- The question papers of GATE are available for download on official website of IITs.
- Candidates appearing for GATE 2021 can find the paper they applied for and check the question paper of the respective discipline.
- Candidates can also check the provisional and final answer keys of the respective question paper.
- By solving GATE previous year question papers, candidates will be able to get an idea about the nature of questions that will be asked in the exam.
- Also, by solving previous years GATE question papers, students will be able to establish how much weight age is given to topics and sections.
- Apart from getting acquainted with the nature of questions and weight age to topics, candidates appearing for the entrance exam can improve on other important attributes relating to the exam such as management of time, ability to solve tricky problems, keen eye for details, speed of solving questions and a lot more.
Hey everyone I always writing about educational blog for Gate, Olympiad, Online test series for Nso and etc, exam this time I am writing about How to prepare for Gate mechanical exam.