Best Ways to Fix HP Printer Error Code E2
Posted: Mar 30, 2021
HP printers are user-friendly and stand out from the rest in terms of printing quality. Sometimes, HP printers can make their users annoyed when they display the error code E2 and suddenly stop working. This is a common error that an HP printer user may face. If your HP printer displays the error code E2, there is something wrong with your printer. Before the problem grows even worse, you need to fix it now. Below are the steps an HP user can go through to fix the error code E2.
Select Right Paper Size to Fix Error Code E2 on Windows Computer
The reason for the error code E2 on the HP printer is the wrong paper size. Anyone can fix it quickly by following the step-by-step procedure given below:
- On your computer screen, you need to select the document that you would like to print.
- Select MS word file and double-click on the same file to open it.
- Select the option to print.
- You will see a new window on the screen. Click “Properties” by going to “Preferences.”
- You will now see your HP printer in the window. Select the paper quality option.
- Click the default print settings.
- Then, click on “More” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the correct paper size that is loaded in the HP printer.
- After you have selected the correct paper size, click OK to save the applied changes.
- Start printing now.
Note: In case the desired paper size doesn’t appear, you can create the paper size according to your choice. In order to do so, you must be aware of the dimensions of a paper in inches or millimeters.
Create Custom Paper Size to Rectify the Error
An HP printer user can create a paper size of their choice and resolve the issue. Follow the steps:
- Press and hold the Win key and R simultaneously on your keyboard to open the “Run” dialog box.
- Type “Control Printers” in the “Run” dialog box and hit Enter key.
- A printer window will appear on the screen. Click on the same and choose your printer model.
- Right-click on the “Printer” and select “Printer Preferences.”
- In the “Printer Preferences,” you can either choose any paper size and create your own paper size.
- After you have created the paper size, click “Save’.
- Now, try printing a page to see whether the issue is resolved or not.
Choose Right Paper Size to Fix the Error E2 on Mac
The users who connect their HP printer to Mac may face difficulty choosing the right size on their Mac system. You can select the right paper size on your Mac in just a few simple steps. Follow the instructions:
- First, click on the Apple logo that appears on the upper-right corner of your Mac.
- From the drop-down menu, click on “Printer preferences.”
- As you click the same, a new window will appear on the screen.
- Simply click the “Printers and Scanners.”
- At the bottom of the same window, the default paper size option will appear.
- Choose the correct paper size and try to take the printing test.
- HP printer error code E2 is now fixed.
To help you get rid of the error code E2, we have mentioned the helpful steps above. The error code E2 occurs due to the wrong paper size. The afore-mentioned steps will put the error E2 to an end. We hope you find the article of great help to you.
Hi I am Dana Joyce. I have started working as a Product Designer. This site provides me with all the latest updates regarding business, technology, education, Software, and all other issues.