Best Ways to Fix Canon Printer Not Responding Error
Posted: Apr 02, 2021
Canon is a leading name in the world of printers. Whenever it comes to buying an excellent printer, Canon is the name that first comes to mind. Canon Printers are widely appreciated for offering superb and excellent print quality. The company has earned great prestige for its reliability and genuine products. Canon printers may often create difficulties for users and do not respond well in some cases. If you are a Canon printer user and grappling with the same issue on your Canon printer, you are at the right place. In the article, we have mentioned how one can quickly resolve a Canon printer's problem of not responding. Let's take a glance at the troubleshooting solutions below to fix the error.
Why is Your Canon Printer Not Responding?
When your Canon printer does not respond, there may be several reasons for this. Before you go further and try to troubleshoot this error, you should know the problem's leading cause. We have discussed them below.
- If your Canon printer is not responding, the problem may be with your printer drivers.
- Your Canon printer may not respond due to internal issues on the operating system.
- Canon printer may sometimes not respond as it is not appropriately connected to the system.
Note: Once you have become aware of the reasons behind the error, you can now easily fix this error in minutes. To fix the error, you need to put the mentioned steps into action.
As a Canon printer user, you can easily troubleshoot the problem by following the steps mentioned in this article. Below are the effective solutions that one can apply and solve the error.
Ensure If the Connectivity is Proper
If the connectivity is not proper, your printer may not respond well or may fail to respond completely. You need to check the internet connection and set up a wireless connection properly. Follow these steps:
- First, you need to push the Setup button.
- Choose Wireless LAN Setup, and then select OK.
- Select Easy Setup, and confirm by selecting OK.
- Choose Access Point and enter the password when required.
- After entering the password, click OK.
- Load the Canon setup file on your computer.
- Run the program and complete the installation process.
- When the installation is complete, you will now be able to connect your device to the Canon printer properly.
Note: If your Canon printer is not functioning and responding, there may be some problems with the router and access point.
Update System and Drivers
Your operating system should be as new as your printer model. New Canon printer models are compatible with Windows 10. If you use an operating system below Windows 10, you may face such occurrences. Here is how you can update the system and drivers. Follow these steps:
- Click the Start button.
- Choose the Settings.
- Then, you need to select "Update and Security."
- Check if Windows needs an update.
- Allow it to update. The process may take about 3-4 hours.
- Do not press any button while the process is running.
- After updating your Windows, update the printer drivers.
- This will fix the error.
Note: If you find the error complicated, it is not good to take risks. Avoid trying out the steps mentioned in the article. When the situation seems out of control, you can contact the Canon support team to get the problem resolved.
If your Canon printer is not responding, you can easily get rid of the technical problem by putting the mentioned steps into action. We hope the article puts your problem to an end.
Hi I am Dana Joyce. I have started working as a Product Designer. This site provides me with all the latest updates regarding business, technology, education, Software, and all other issues.