Fix Canon Printer Error Code U072 500
Posted: Apr 03, 2021
Canon manufactures excellent printers that are suitable for both office use and home use. Canon printers may seldom create difficulties for users when these Canon printers show the error codes. One of these standard error codes on a Canon printer is U072 500. If you ever encounter the error code U072 500 on your Canon printer, there is no need to worry! We have shared the information on how to fix the Canon printer error code U072 500. You can put the provided instructions into action and resolve the error. Let's get started.
Why Does the Error Code U072 500 Appear on Your Canon Printer?
Every printer is prone to technical errors, so are Canon printers. The appearance of the error code U072 500 is a warning message that asks you to fix any existing issue on your Canon printer. The error code may appear on your Canon printer when you have installed two ink tanks of the same color. This can affect the performance of your printer negatively. You need to pay immediate attention to the error and fix it quickly with the steps given below.
Solutions to Fix the Error Code U072 500
We have mentioned the helpful solutions below to resolve the existing problem on the Canon printer. Follow the instructions described below.
Reinstall the Ink cartridges
If you think that there may be some problems with ink cartridges, you may reinstall them and fix the issue. Follow these steps:
- Open your Printer cover.
- Gently remove all the cartridges from the printer.
- Power on the printer.
- Now, power off the printer.
- Reinstall the ink cartridges.
- Make sure that all the cartridges are placed in the right position.
- Close the lid of your Canon printer.
- Now, you need to try printing a test page.
- If the printer functions well, the problem has been fixed.
Note: In some cases, the solutions given above may not work properly. We have provided more solutions below. Try them out.
Take Out Jammed Paper from Your Canon Printer
Any paper stuck inside the Canon printer may cause the appearance of the error code. To fix the error code, a Canon printer user may follow the described methods:
- First, turn off your Canon printer by pressing the power button.
- Disconnect all power cords from the wall outlet.
- Place your printer in a secure and safe place.
- Pull the sheets from the rear panel of your Canon printer.
- While you take the paper out, make sure that it is not torn.
- When you remove the papers stuck inside, your printer will function properly.
Note: If the steps mentioned above do not help you resolve the error code U072 500, you may perform deep cleaning after the process. We have explained detailed steps to conduct deep cleaning.
Perform Deep Cleaning to Shoo Away the Issue
To fix the error code U72 500, you may perform deep cleaning. Below is how you can do it. Follow these instructions:
- Perform an in-depth cleaning process.
- Install new ink cartridges in your Canon printer and set them in the correct position.
- Check if the printer is functioning correctly.
- The steps will fix the issue.
Note: If the problem persists after you have tried out all the mentioned procedures, you should either hire a printer expert or contact the Canon support team.
The error code U72 500 on a Canon printer is common. You can fix the same by following the instructions above. We hope you find the information valuable.
Hi I am Dana Joyce. I have started working as a Product Designer. This site provides me with all the latest updates regarding business, technology, education, Software, and all other issues.