5 benefits of hiring assisted living facilities for elderly
Posted: Jul 31, 2021
We often settle abroad or in other cities for better prospects in jobs and lifestyle. But in this process, our beloved aging parents or other senior members of our family are left alone and they often feel depressed and lonely. Also; an emergency can crop up anytime in life. They may become seriously ill and need immediate hospitalization in the middle of the night or may have broken a leg that needs immediate surgery. We feel helpless and very much worried if any such situation happens with our parents or other seniors because we can't come running from abroad or other cities. So, hiring assisted living facilities for our beloved seniors will be the wisest decision.
Assisted living facilities offer companionship, safety and just the right support for seniors who are independent, but just need some form of assistance with their daily life. There are many assisted living facilities in Kolkata for seniors from whom you can choose to make your seniors happy, comfortable and safe. Today I am going to share five main benefits of hiring assisted living facilities for elders.
- The first and foremost benefit is assisted living facilities have caregivers who help seniors with their daily activities like bathing, dressing, medications and they also accompany the elderly people to doctor's appointments. Assisted living facilities also provide some on-site medical services to respond to emergencies. There are emergency call buttons installed in the rooms of the seniors to notify staff in case they are suddenly feeling ill or suffered a serious injury.
- They emphasize on mental wellbeing and happiness of seniors. They encourage seniors to take up new hobbies like painting, music, baking, etc. The facilities have gardens where senior people can take walks and enjoy Nature and can spend some time with other residents of the facility. Moreover, the assisted living facilities organize Movie Nights every weekend with popcorn and other snacks which our dear seniors can enjoy and relax. The facilities have a library where senior people who are fond of reading can spend time reading and enjoy the reading session with a cup of hot coffee. They also celebrate birthdays, anniversaries of elderly couples, and last but not least they arrange a pandal hopping program for seniors during Durga Puja and picnics during Christmas and other special days.
- Keeping our dear seniors safe and sound is the main benefit of assisted living facilities. Trips and falls are common when people age and sometimes they may prove fatal. Assisted facilities are designed keeping in mind the safety of the senior people. The facilities have ramps, hallway hand railings, raised toilets, grab bars in bathrooms to reduce the risk of falls and trips.
- Senior people are often prone to falling for scams and theft. The senior assisted living facilities have a very well-developed alarming system and security services to give our seniors a peaceful and secure life. Moreover, they have fire alarms to detect fires and smoke. In case of any natural disaster like earthquakes, cyclones or floods elderly people have to find safety on their own if they live alone but assisted living facilities have their disaster management team who are trained to assist seniors during times of natural disaster.
- It is also very important for our beloved seniors to have nutritious food daily to remain active and healthy. As a person ages, the energy and enthusiasm to cook a balanced meal every day reduces. But assisted living facilities have trained cooks who prepare healthy and balanced meals for the seniors daily. Moreover assisted facilities offer supervised and safe exercise programs suitable for seniors which helps them to remain healthy and active.
These are some of the important benefits of hiring assisted living facilities for our dear seniors.
Debosree is a professional writer working in the Senior Care Field for quite a long time. She has written many informative blogs and articles on the senior care facilities that are available. He has a great reader base.