- Views: 1
- Report Article
- Home & Garden
- Pest Control
How to Keep Possums Away From Your Home
Posted: Aug 07, 2021
Possums make great pets. Possums are great for cleaning up trash, feeding on pests, and they have cute, rat-like tails. Many people appreciate wildlife. However, it is best for wildlife to remain wild. How can you get rid possums who are eager to be your neighbor? This dilemma can be solved in a number of ways.
The brushtail possum can be found all over Australia. Regenerated forests, flower and fruit trees, as well as pine plantations, are destroyed by possums. If they are able to get into your garden, they will eat vegetables and ornamental plants.
Possums are true omnivores and eat frogs (and their eggs), birds, mice, rats, voles and snails. Because they love eggs, it is dangerous for native bird species because it reduces their ability of reproduction.
Possums can cause serious damage to your home by chewing on the electrical wires, which can lead to a fire hazard. This can be costly to repair. Your home could be infested by smaller pests like ticks or fleas. These pests can cause problems for both you and your pet.
The first step in solving the problem is to identify the entry point. Here are some ways to do this:
- 1. Although it is difficult, you should still try to spot the creature before it gets dark.
- 2. You can follow the droppings to find the nest.
- 3. Commonly, eaves are an entry point. Check if this is the case for your home.
- 4.You should inspect for branches hanging over your home or roof.
- 5. Use smells and tastes that possums don't like to be disturbed.
- Effective deterrents that depend on the smell of the food are more effective.
- A commercial possum control service Brisbane can provide guidance if you are looking for ways to keep your home and office free of possums and other pests.
- Commercial services that specialize in insect pest control Brisbane can also help with possum elimination.
- One method may work for one possum but not another. They may also start to eat the unpleasant-tasting food. No matter what method you choose, do not use any deterrents on an animal. Harming possums not only is inhumane but also illegal.