Directory Image
This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

5 Amazing Facts About Sparklers

Author: William Padilla
by William Padilla
Posted: Sep 18, 2021
What Are Sparklers?

A sparkler is a type of firework, that burns slowly while emitting sparks and flames. A sparkler is generally made with a thin metallic wire, a sparkler is about 10 to 12 inches long and is dipped in a batter of pyrotechnic composition, which will slow down its burning process. This combustible coating contains metallic fuel, aluminum or magnesium, iron, ferrotitanium, additional fuel, oxidizer, nitrocellulose, and pyrotechnic colorants. Modern sparklers are colored flames emitting and consist of a paper tube and a wooden rod.

Where Can You Buy Sparklers?

Buy sparklers UK, by choosing from over 900 shops in the UK alone that sell sparklers. The supermarkets often sell the best quality sparklers at a reasonable price.

Amazing Facts About Sparklers 1. Chemical Reaction

The ingredients used in the manufacturing of sparklers is fuel, oxidizer, metal powder, and a binder.

The chemical used for making an oxidizer is potassium nitrate.

The combination used for making fuel is sulfur and charcoal.

First, metal and oxidizer are combined in a form of a paste, then a binder is used to hold this all together. Binder is a mixture of starch, sugar, and dextrin. Then the binder is used as a fuel and works in the combustion process.

2. Sound of a Sparkler

The sound that sparkler makes while burning is because of the burning of fuel with metallic powder.

3. Colored Sparklers

In colored sparklers, colorants are used. certain metals salts can give a variety of colors. Greenlight from a sparkler is produced because of barium nitrate, the red color of sparkler is because of the chemical called lithium nitrate and the yellow color of a sparkler is because of sodium nitrate.

4. Size of a Sparkler

Because of the size of a sparkler, it cannot remain hot for a long time. This means that sparklers are safe to use. If you think carefully, you probably know that small things cannot remain hot for long and cool off quickly. This all depends on the volume of an object. For example, the small muffin can cool off more quickly than the whole baked cake.

5. The Temperature of Sparkler.

Do you have an idea; how hot a sparkler can get? The temperature of a burning sparkler can reach up to 3000 degrees. You might be thinking that sparklers are scary, but you will be happy to know that sparklers won't harm you or damage you if it touches your skin. This is because of the thermal energy.

Are Sparklers Safe to Use?

To add magic to your ceremony, sparklers are a great way. Sparkler is not hot enough to burn anything but still, it needs some precautions as it still can produce a little bit of heat after its disposal. The materials used in it cannot degrade easily, so one should be careful while buying sparklers for their ceremony. Slight carelessness may result in a severe injury.

It is recommended that after using a sparkle, it should be dipped in water and soaked for few seconds to die off the remaining light.

Looking to light up an event? Get your sparklers on and show this world where you belong!

About the Author

William L. Padilla is a qualified content writer and content strategist from London, UK. Currently, he works for Katc. He has extensive experience of writing for different websites.

Rate this Article
Leave a Comment
Author Thumbnail
I Agree:
Author: William Padilla

William Padilla

Member since: Feb 28, 2018
Published articles: 3

Related Articles