Sowing The Seeds Of Peace And Compassion At A Young Age Through Values-Based Education
Posted: Oct 05, 2022
Mahatma Gandhi, known as the Father of the Nation, was born on 2nd October 1869. A man who dedicated his life to the nation and its people, also taught all the values of peace, truth, and compassion. Mahatma Gandhi also said, "Education is the basic tool for the development of consciousness and the reconstitution of society." On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, here’s mentioning the work and efforts of the e1e1 Foundation, an education NGO that closely resonates with Mahatma Gandhi’s outlook.
As we know, inculcating life values is an essential part of a child’s upbringing and it is best done when children are at a very young and mouldable age. Considering this institution takes in students only at grade 6 is an important factor, allowing children to be more receptive. At this age, children are considered to be easily moulded to any value, concept or idea of the society. Additionally, inculcating such values in children would result in a community filled with wise, compassionate, loving and helpful citizens, thereby bringing a sustainable and lasting change in the society at large.
Values-based education at e1e1 Foundation
e1e1 Foundation was established in 2014 with the objective to provide quality and values based education to the rural, underprivileged children. This education NGO is spread across 20 districts of three states. It has 27 campuses and is currently nurturing 3,000 students. The three Edu-Care Programmes of this education NGO are:
- Each One Educate One: This programme is designed to provide quality based holistic education to students from 6th grade to higher secondary education with all costs covered.
- Each One Embrace One: A program designed to take complete care of the student from boarding, lodging, education and basic daily requirements.
- Each One Higher Educate One: This programme offers graduate, post-graduate and Ph.D courses to students, enabling them to be competent and independent citizens of the country.
The e1e1 campuses provide the following to all the students:
- End to end care
- Clean, hygienic and comfortable accommodation
- Separate campuses for girls and boys
- Safe and well-protected campuses
- Full cost covered education
- Internship programmes with stipend for graduate students to earn while studying
When one contributes towards donation for education through e1e1 Foundation, they provide a platform for students to avail the best education along with values of love, brotherhood, and will to do good for others and the society. In addition, by contributing donation for education, one enters the circle of generosity too! So, this Gandhi Jayanti, fulfil your social responsibility by supporting e1e1 Foundation.
Impact of your support
Your donation for education makes a huge difference and enables the e1e1 Foundation to continue its efforts to benefit more children. Below are testimonials of empowered beneficiaries:
- Good education works for everybody, everywhere. It worked for me, it worked for you, and I am sure it will work for all these children too. I am what I am today because of the gift of education I received here. I now hope to pass on this gift to many." - Manjrekar B.S., Former Student, Currently, serving as Warden, Sri Sathya Loka Seva Gurukulam Senior Secondary Boys Hostel.
- A couple of years back my family was in a dire situation. My father, who was the only breadwinner, had lost his job. Though I was good at studies, I knew this meant an end to my dream of studying further. But thanks to the support I received from e1e1 Foundation, not only could I continue my studies, but it was all free of cost too. In addition, my father got a job in the campus kitchen as a Head Cook and life has never been better than this for us. I now aspire to pay it forward by serving the society as a doctor." - Preethi Basavaraj.
This Gandhi Jayanti, partner with e1e1 Foundation and be the change you wish to see - an empowered, compassionate, and united community of educated and wise individuals.
e1e1 Foundation is an Indian NGO that provides quality and values-based education to rural, underprivileged children. It implements three Edu-care Programmes namely, Each One Educate One, Each One Embrace Once, and Each One Higher Educate One. Currently, the Foundation has 3,000 beneficiaries in 27 campuses across 20 districts in three states. Being a registered NGO, donations of ₹500 and above towards this Foundation qualify for tax exemption under Section 80G of Indian Income Tax Act.
For further information check out the links below:
Digital Marketing Group is a one-stop-solution for all your digital marketing needs. DMG will be your trusted partner right from step one of digital branding. We will launch your brand in the digital space.