Understanding WordPress Theme Support
Posted: Feb 14, 2015
WordPress websites work on predefined templates or themes. These themes are available for download at WordPress Themes Directory. There are literally thousands of themes that you could choose from. These themes define the look and functionality of your WordPress Websites. WordPress itself has only four default themes, but there are more than three thousand themes developed by third party developers and whetted by WordPress that are available for you. If you want to keep the default theme it is fine, but it may not provide all the features that you need.
Using A Theme
When creating a WordPress website, you can start with a default WordPress Theme. If it suits your needs, you have saved yourself a lot of trouble. If it doesn’t, then it is time to look for some support, especially if you are new to WordPress and don’t know which theme would serve your purpose. It is time to call in a support expert to help you out.
Why Do I need Support?
You need an expert mainly because you are not very familiar with WordPress and its thousands of themes. You need someone who is familiar with the themes and can help you choose one so your site looks good, has all the functions you need, and performs well. An expert knows which themes suit what type of business and will give you suggestions to help you pick out the one you like best and also suits your purpose. If you are in the business of selling clothes, it would be disastrous for your site if you picked up a theme that is meant for newspaper sites.
How do I Find a Support Expert?
You can find an expert online. Look at sites that provide support and service for WordPress. They will most certainly be able to help you create a WordPress Site and choose a proper theme. They will also help you to maintain it and provide you with support in case of any problems. If there is a particular theme you like, then you could hire the developers of the theme to customize and install it for you. A lot of developers also offer theme support services.
What will a Support Service Provide?
Most support services provide the following services to their clients.
- Picking and suggesting a theme based on your needs and line of business
- Installing and updating the theme on your WordPress website.
- Customizing the chosen theme to include your requirements.
- Changing features, colours and resizing fonts to accommodate your personal choice.
- Including plug-ins and creating codes to enhance the functionality of your website.
- Ensure that there are no plug-in and code clashes that might impact the performance of your site.
- Include customized forms, tags, search box, contact and feedback forms etc. to include in your site.
- Incorporate your company logo into the theme.
- Change the header and footer to suit your style and need.
- Create a landing page for your site.
These and many more tweaks that your site requires are included in your theme support services. Moreover, if you have a problem with your theme or the site, the support will be there to take care of it for you immediately.
I write on many diffrent topics. Follow me to read all great articles.