Building Home in India is shifting towards making Eco-friendly Structures
Posted: May 30, 2015
Construction of home or building is a herculean task. Home building is a lot more than what one sees. The basic task does start with laying down the design plan but the challenge is to raise the whole structure. More importantly the builder or the construction company has to comply with rules and regulations enlisted by government agencies. The building rules are working with the focus that is shifting towards making eco-friendly structures.
Green norms and more
Due to urbanisation and negative impact on environment, environmentalists are advocating for creating green homes. More and more forestlands have been cleared to make building, thus greatly affecting the environment. Therefore, to combat the adverse effect on the environment, people are advised to build and prefer eco-friendly homes. The core concept behind these buildings is making optimal use of resources and ensuring minimal waste. It is also about using alternative forms of energy to power homes. Here is a list of things that comply to the green home rules:
- The building material used is of environmental friendly material
- In the design plan the builder or architect incorporates rainwater harvesting concept
- Using solar power over electricity this is touted as the best source of energy that is clean and green
- Reusing waste water like the water used in washing can be used to water plants
- Ensuring bio-degradable waste is dumped in compost pit to generate manure
- To install checks to ensure water is not misused and used judiciously
- While designing the home the windows should allow sufficient sunlight and air, this will reduce dependency on electricity
- The building material to be used should ensure that the structure is resistant to natural calamities and disaster
- To make the foundation of the building strong using best building technology
All these points have come up with healthy discussion that has been taking place on global platform, where the aim is to make buildings green. In India, this trend has begun with realty firms and architects making use of green building norms while devising design plan for the home building in India. Few structures have come up using this novel concept. In India, this trend is in its nascent stage but slowly the idea is getting wider acceptance. Given the advantage of having such green buildings on environment, this concept is being incorporated in most building structures. Small little changes can be spotted in homes now with buyers too looking for green features while purchasing a new home.
I love writing a lot and currently working as a Content and Academic Writer. My writing is qualitative, professional and timely which my clients like about me.