5 Reasons To Use Video Surveillance Camera Systems At Your Small Business
Posted: Jun 02, 2015
Differentiating between the needs of a small business in comparison to a full-blown operation can sometimes be difficult. In some areas, it is difficult to know where to draw the line between beneficial and necessary. This is often true when it comes to the installation of video surveillance camera systems. Small businesses, especially those run from home, may not seem like a place where high security is a real concern. However, there are some very good reasons that investing in a security system could pay off in the long run.
- To Protect You and Your Employees – Theft can be a problem, even when you have only a few employees handling the money and the merchandise. Technology has come a long way and products that capture every detail of the employees’ activities are readily available. Not only does this protect your business from loss; it also protects innocent employees from being falsely accused.
- Liability – Whether you have customers coming to your place of business or to your home, there is always the potential for someone to get injured on your property. One lawsuit is all it may take to ruin your business. Video surveillance will allow you to capture most accidents and provide you with the real facts of what took place. Video surveillance camera systems can protect you against people who want to collect on your proceeds without good cause.
- Keep Employees Accountable – Many businesses have discovered after installing video surveillance camera systems that their employees, including management, are not providing the professional behavior that they are required to. They may be stepping out to take endless breaks, giving away free products to friends and family, or spending their time texting instead of waiting on customers.
- Save Money – Sometimes what you see on paper isn’t enough to give you a clear picture of what is going on in the business and the areas where you can reduce costs and increase profits. Video surveillance provides visual displays of how many employees are working in an area at any given time, when you have the highest customer flow or when new products arrive that need to be processed. Efficient scheduling can have a big impact on your bottom line.
5. Security – Most of us recognize the importance of security in the workplace and the use of video surveillance camera systems for keeping people and merchandise safe from thieves and vandals. A good system will go even farther towards keeping the workplace secure by controlling the behavior of employees who know they are being filmed. The installation of video cameras has been proven to reduce the incidence of sexual harassment and violence between employees.
There are many good reasons for installing video surveillance camera systems in most small businesses and it may be more affordable than you think. The best system for your situation will provide security to body and property while also improving productivity through employee behavior and more efficient scheduling.
I write on many diffrent topics. Follow me to read all great articles.