- Views: 15
- Report Article
- Information Technology
About 77-886, Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Exam
Posted: Oct 27, 2013
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 certificate is one of the best and popular certifications available in the market. The candidates for this exam are users who organize information, solve business problems, and help collaboration with other site users. The typical user is one who:
- Uses Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio 2010
- Works together frequently with other users on the team and throughout the enterprise
- Uses search tools skillfully on intranets or the Internet
- Improves the working environment for efficiency
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 exam measures the candidate’s ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below:
Creating and Formatting Content
- Navigate the SharePoint hierarchy by using Quick Launch
- Manage and edit lists and libraries
- Manage document sets by making and adding a document to a set
Managing SharePoint Sites
- Manage pages by creating, editing, and deleting pages
- Administer a site by creating a new site, configuring the site structure
- Manage Web Parts on a page by adding, configuring, hiding or removing, and exporting or importing a Web Part
- Manage content types
- Manage users and groups
- Create SharePoint workspace sites using document and meeting workspaces
- Analyze site activity by viewing site web detailed reports
Participating in User Communities
- Configure My Site by adding keywords
- Collaborate through My Site by updating profile status, sharing pictures, managing personal documents and sharing documents
- Tag and note content by adding notes for a list or a library on the Note Board
Configuring and Consuming Site Search Results
- Administer search at the site level by configuring searchable columns, list search, and site search visibility
- Search SharePoint for content by using Windows Internet Explorer, Office Word 2010 Research Pane, or SharePoint Workspace 2010
- View search results by via best bet, the refinement panel, alerts and RSS feeds, and viewing document previews
- Perform advanced searches using Boolean operators, wild cards, running property and phonetic searches
- Search for people using People Search, refining people searches, and using advanced searches
Integrating SharePoint 2010 Services and Microsoft Office 2010 applications
- Configure SharePoint 2010 Services using Form, Excel, Access, and Visio Services.
- Run Microsoft Office 2010 applications with SharePoint 2010 services
- Create dashboards by creating a dashboard page
Recommended Prerequisite Skills and Knowledge
Microsoft Learning recommends that candidates have hands-on experience working with Microsoft SharePoint Server 2003 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007. Candidates should have a brief knowledge of software and products that are related with web designing and web enhancement.
Candidates appearing for the exam through an academic institute can schedule their exams through Certiport.
Candidates, who are not with any academic institute, can schedule their exam through Prometric.
ExamCertify offers 15% discount for 77-886 and 77-603 and other IT Certifications material with instant download and 90 days free updates.
ExamCertify offers 15% discount for 000-585 and Bas-004 and other IT Certifications material with instant download and 90 days free updates.