Advantages of Migrating to SPREE Commerce: The Most Flexible E-Commerce Platform
Posted: Oct 28, 2015
Spree Commerce (or simply Spree) is one of the today's most popular open source e-commerce platforms created based on Ruby on Rails. First released in 2007, the platform has since had more than 740 contributors, which only testifies to the level of support this particular storefront platform has as well as the strong potential it has to progress well into the future. Eight years since its first creation, Spree has now been downloaded nearly 400,000 times (till June 2015). Some prominent companies using Spree include Second Life, Chipotle Mexican Grille, Bonobos Apparel, and Fortnum and Mason. More than being the go-to platform for many modern businesses, there are many advantages to using spree as your e-commerce storefront solution. With the wealth of choices the market presents, here are reasons why you should consider migrating to Spree Commerce for your online business:
- Spree is easy to use. It has a simple interface and an administrative dashboard designed with users in mind. Many times, website owners can't get eh most out of their e-commerce storefront because of complex dashboard controls. With Spree, it is easy to do major or minor tweaks to your site with the help of their user-friendly interface.
- Spree is developed using Ruby on Rails, a platform that is tried and tested, and well known for its reliability and stability.
- Spree developers offer references and user guides that are easily accessible. These resources can be extremely beneficial to new businesses, especially those who are only starting out with e-commerce. You can even join the community to seek out expert recommendations and advice whenever you are having troubles with the application.
- Licenses also have few restrictions, regardless how small or large your business is. Spree can be used for commercial purposes without any licensing fees.
- Customization is also simple and easy, as Spree is an extremely flexible and adaptable tool that can be tailored to the needs and requirements of businesses. Numerous extensions are also available in the community, which is why it is the preferred choice of many e-commerce brands.
- Spree also has mobile optimization in mind, which is beneficial for businesses especially now that mobile use has increased tremendously. With smartphones and mobile devices becoming a huge, indispensable part of human life, it is important for e-commerce sites to be optimized for the platform of choice of the majority of consumers they are targeting.
About the Author:
This article has been written by Mr. Mayank Tandon who is associated with Vinsol. Vinsol is web and mobile apps Development Company started in 2000. They work on Ruby on Rails, iOS and Android. They also develop e-commerce applications on Rails and Spree Commerce, which is an open source ecommerce platform.
They have worked for some of the big brands and startups across the globe. They follow agile methodology for development and adhere to lean principles for quickly developing Valuable Products for their clients.
Vinsol is web and mobile apps Development Company started in 2000. They work on Ruby on Rails, iOS and Android.