5 Ways to Clear the Air & Stay Healthy
Posted: Dec 01, 2015
Dealing with runny nose, struggling with daily sneezes, cough, throat irritation, headaches etc.? Consider changing the air indoors. Of course, you may not realize it but pollutants are freely lurking indoors without you even knowing it. I am sure you are aware of the causes on your health. Long story short, in the age of air purifiers, consider these 5 ways to clear the air and stay healthy.
- Leave your shoes outYour outdoor shoes may contain lead, pesticides and other allergens. It is mandatory not to bring your outdoor shoes right out at the front door itself. You can walk bare foot inside or if needed get a flip flop for indoors only. Least thing you can do is get a good doormat to wipe your shoes before stepping inside.
- Vacuum clean regularlyUse high HEPA vacuum cleaner to get rid of dust under the carpet, furniture etc. They do a better job than cheaper vacuum cleaners found at department stores. Steam cleaning is also one way of killing dust mites and bacteria from indoors.
- Avoid furnitures with high VOCsAs you are planning to buy furnitures, make sure you go with the one that does not come with halogenated fire retardants. If it all furnitures contain polyurethane foam, make sure to check for models where the foam is thickly covered/wrapped inside the cushion so that the dust is less likely to escape to your home. Check if the store also offers organic stain resistant fabrics as well.
- House plants add decor and purify airAs per NASA study, indoor plants can work efficiently in getting rid of pollutants and chemicals in your home. They are natural air purifiers and actually feed on these chemicals and transform them effectively to better your breathing. Houseplants also make an excellent decor to your home. Few of natural air purifiers are Rubber Plant, English Ivy, Gerbera Daisy, Spider Plant, Ficus, Boston Fern etc.
- Get an air purifierI saved this for the last. This is just in case the above plans fail though it is a rare occurrence. If someone at your home is dealing with severe respiratory problems, then an air purifier can alleviate the symptoms and help them to breathe easily. HEPA filters are considered best since they purify the air effectively without any side effects.
Uma Pisharody writes about Health and weight loss. Her articles can be seen on http://triumphhcgdropsdiet.com