Directory Image
This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

Dry Carpet Cleaning - An Effective Technique to Keep Your Carpet Clean for Long

Author: Jerrod Lack
by Jerrod Lack
Posted: Dec 02, 2013
carpet cleaning

There are many techniques for carpet cleaning, making it tough for you to decide which one will work best for your carpet. Most traditional carpet cleaning methods makes use of excessive water in the cleaning process and hence need proper drying. No matter how effective these cleaning methods may be they have great potential to spread water into the entire house especially if the carpet is dried improperly. Besides, due to moisture left behind in the carpet there is extremely high possibility of the growth of mildew, molds and even rots. They not only damage the carpet but also aggravate allergies and cause various health problems. Dry carpet cleaning, the more advanced cleaning technique, can prevent such problems and is considered as quick, effective and healthy cleaning method.

More about Dry Carpet Cleaning

The use of water in dry carpet cleaning is relatively very less and hence the process of drying is quick. This type of cleaning uses chemical technologies that involve cleaning in very low moisture conditions with special machines. The dry-cleaning methodologies ensure healthy cleaning and also prolong the life of carpet.

Below are few things to know about dry carpet cleaning that can simplify your carpet cleaning process:

Vacuuming

While vacuuming is one of the effective ways to clean your carpet, it can only remove 80% to 90% of the dirt deposits from the carpet. There is a chance of 10% to 20% of dirt still being left behind after vacuuming. The materials left behind in the carpet such as oil, residue, grease and moisture when combined with dirt can damage the carpet.

Powdered vacuum cleaning

Dry carpet cleaning harps on the power of powdered vacuum cleaning.

The initial step in this cleaning methodology involves removing dirt and other materials from the carpet using a high powered vacuum cleaner. Then the next thing is to remove stubborn stains through spot cleaning technique, thereafter the carpet must be left to dry.

Once both these steps are done, the carpet is treated with powdered cleaning material that is pre-moistened or sprayed using water or cleaning solution. The powder in then machine bushed and left to set. As the powder deeply penetrates into the carpet it removes the deposited materials such as oil and grease by absorbing them from carpet fibers, without damaging the carpet. High powered vacuuming will remove the powder from the carpet along with dirt and other particles.

Benefits of Dry Carpet Cleaning

This dry carpet process is beneficial as it uses little water and hence dries your carpet quickly in two hours. This method is especially recommended for commercial places which demand a faster turnaround so that their work is not interrupted for long. Use of little water also makes this method environment friendly.

Unlike traditional cleaning methods, dry carpet cleaning does not saturate the carpet. In steam or hot water cleaning, presence of excess moisture can detach carpet fiber from its backing moreover, formation of mildew and molds in the padding can damage the carpet. However, with dry carpet cleaning you can avoid such problems. Further, as it leaves no residue, the timing between each cleanings can also be extended.

Visit : dry carpet cleaning Glendale, AZ

About the Author

Jerrod Lack of Glendale, AZ, started working at the age of 4 with his dad, Dennis, an IIRC certified Master Technician and the founder of Lacks Cleaning Service.

Rate this Article
Leave a Comment
Author Thumbnail
Please or Join to add a comment.
Author: Jerrod Lack

Jerrod Lack

United States

Member since: Dec 02, 2013
Published articles: 2

Related Articles