SA8000 - Social Accountability Standard for Labour Organisation
Posted: Feb 23, 2016
SA8000 certification addresses issues including forced and child labour, occupational health and safety, freedom of association and collective bargaining, discrimination, disciplinary practices, working hours, compensation, and management systems.
SA8000 includes existing international agreements, including conventions of the International Labour Organisation, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. SA8000 certification is a tool - a means, not an end. It is controllable through an evidence-based process that is expected to ensure that the certified organization has a management system adequately and effectively address the elements within the SA8000. Preservation and improvement of the systems that make for SA8000 certification is an ongoing process - a process expected to lead to continuous improvement in the certified organization.
Adopting SA8000 certification means an organisation must consider the social impact of their operations in addition to the conditions under which their employees, partners and suppliers operate. It can be applied to any company, of any size, worldwide. Certifying your organisation against SA8000 with an audit will help Organization to develop and improve social accountability across various operations. For this purpose, SA8000 Audit Checklist is provided for verifying Social Accountability Standard requirements with audit question based on SA8000 requirements as well as for Clauses. SA8000 certification documents includes SA8000 manual, procedures, policies, committee meeting agenda, sample formats and audit checklists that provides easy to edit sample templates, which guides user to create quick documentation for SA8000 Certification. The complete documentation kit on SA8000 along with this audit checklist is provided by experienced consultant in the relevant field. Working with experienced consultant to implement the most globally accepted workplace standard demonstrates social accountability when bidding for contracts and expanding your organisation.
The Company is committed to ensuring full compliance with the SA8000 standard to the best of its abilities and to ensuring that all internal procedures and practices are suitable for that purpose. The organization focuses in particular on:
- Meets all the requirements of the SA8000 standard;
- Compliance with national and other applicable laws and other requirements to which the company in the matter of social responsibility;
- Respect of the international instruments in the SA8000 standard specified;
- A review of its policy regularly to continually improve, taking into account changes
Advantages of attainment of SA8000 within an organization
- Proves commitment to social accountability and to treating employees ethically and in compliance with international standards
- Improves the management and performance of supply chain
- Allows ensuring compliance with the global standards and reducing the risk of negligence, public exposure and possible litigation
- Supports corporate vision and build and reinforce the loyalty of employees, customers and stakeholders
- Allows displaying the correct social responsibility when bidding for international contracts and local business developments
As Iso Consultant profession since last many years Alina Walace has rich experience in preparing such certification documents within Iso guideline to her global clients to acquire better Iso Certification Solution to their Organization.