Laminate Flooring: Get the Stylish Look without Pinching your Pocket
Posted: Feb 25, 2016
These days, homeowners want something unique and stylish in their environment – be it at home or office. They check out virtual images of interiors and try to align them with the space that they have on hand. If laminate flooring is what it is on the top of their mind, then they try to envision how the available options would look like in the place of their choice. From determining the measurements of the room that has to be floored to checking out the various laminate flooring styles that are up for grabs, they leave no stone unturned to get the right products in their budget.
Having said this, if you are looking to renovate your home floor and the budget is pretty strict, then, a good starting point would be to look at discount laminate flooring. Here’s our take on premium laminate wood flooring and other similar solutions that promise to meet the cause of residential and commercial spaces alike.
Role of Laminate Flooring in Contemporary Homes
There are different types of flooring that you can choose from depending on your existing needs and preferences. Wooden floors enhance the appearance of any room with their old world charm and warmth; yes, they have become stylish additions to modern homes. It’s no small wonder that architects and designers are advising their clients to turn to wooden or laminate flooring as a stylish alternative to carpet flooring. Gradually, property owners like you are getting introduced to the goodness of laminate flooring, and in many more ways than one.
Different Layers of Laminate Tile & Laminate Floors
Laminate floors use sophisticated technology to capture the look of real wood, tiles, or stones. There exist different layers in laminate flooring. The bottom layer is the backing that creates a moisture barrier to prevent wrapping. The inner core, which is made of high density fiberboard, is reinforced with special resin to further enhance moisture resistance and increase its durability. Above all these layers is the image design layer where high resolution images of wood, stone, or any other material provides the required texture. The top layer is the ‘wear layer’ that protects the design from fading and scratches.
This multi-layered construction of laminate wood flooring makes it perfect for any room in your house. It has an easy DIY installation and the warranty for the best laminate flooring goes up to 30 years. Wow! Now isn’t that something worth considering.
Why Opt for Laminates over Real Wood Floor?
- The variety is endless in the world of laminate flooring. High quality laminate flooring styles can look like anything you want. If you are a nature lover, go for a wood or stone finish. In case geometric or abstract patterns are your scene, you will get many patterns to interest you too. Laminate wood, laminate tiles, laminate stones…….You name it and you get it. Along with these eye-catching designs, such floors offer high durability and versatility quotients too.
- Since the cost of producing a laminate floor is lower than that of solid wood flooring, its retail price is also cheaper than that of the latter. It goes without saying that the rise in popularity of laminate floor installation can be attributed to its relatively lower cost of installation; just go for it.
- A laminate floor is easy to maintain, durable, as well as scratch /stain resistant. All you need to do is sweep and wipe away water spillages.
- Quality laminate flooring is durable and less prone to scrapes and scratches. With reduced cost and reduced maintenance on the cards, it is certainly a very good flooring option.
- Laminate flooring is the best bet if someone in your family is allergy prone. This is because these floors are naturally resistant to the growth of mold or bacteria.
Dos and Don’ts While Installing and Caring for your Laminate Floor
These small but essential tips will guide you in your journey with newly installed laminate flooring and keep it looking as good as new for years in a row.
- Ensure that the subfloor is level, clean, and moisture resistant.
- Although laminate flooring is easy to install and can be done on your own, it is always recommended to hire a professional to do the job to perfection.
- Try and clean up any water spillages from your laminate floor as soon as possible.
- Do not use soap based detergents or abrasive cleaning agents on the laminate floor. Use a dry mop or a vacuum cleaner to clear up any dust from your floors.
- Use protective pads on the feet of your furniture to reduce the risk of scratching the floor, or causing any unsightly marks that will be difficult to remove later on.
- Do not walk on the laminate floor wearing stilettoes or footwear with spikes, lest they damage the wear layer of your floor.
- One major drawback of laminate flooring is that if for some reason it gets badly damaged you cannot refinish it like hardwood. It will have to be replaced.
- Though a higher end luxury laminate is almost indistinguishable from real wood, it isn’t actually authentic wood or stone, and that can be a reason why some prospective buyers may decide against it.
If you are looking for affordable flooring, then laminate flooring might be the right choice for you. The market place is flooded with numerous laminate flooring designs and it is only natural that people would be looking for cheaper options. Though discount laminate flooring will serve your purpose well, you may need to make certain compromises in its underlayment and special embossing while installing the same.
Overall, a beautiful laminate floor sets the stage for the home of your dreams. Consider the above vital points before you go shopping, so that you can find the best flooring solution for your home. Wonder no longer and check out the massive range available in the market – you will be glad you did!
Carpet Express is a distributor of a wide variety of carpets and rugs, offering latest designs in residential and commercial flooring. The company offers residential carpets in a variety of styles and colors, such as textured, plush.