How to make simple chicken noodle soup?
Posted: Dec 27, 2013
In ancient times Egyptians would ideally prescribe chicken soups to those who had some ailments like flu or fever. It’s rich and warm broth has much of a medicinal value, along with overall nutritional benefits as it is enriched with proteins. Nowadays also soup is advised for a wide range of medical ailments like pneumonia etc. The medicinal properties of the chicken soup have been scientifically proven and this is the reason why doctors usually prescribe it to ill people. Apart from its medicinal benefits the chicken noodle soup is usually loved by children and everyone as it keeps them warm during cool winter days.
The following recipe for chicken noodles soup includes vegetables which adds to its nutritional value. Once prepared it can be kept in the refrigerator. Then can be served hot after putting it into the microwave till it turns warm. It is actually a stress buster and is loved by all.
- Take a large pot, put some vegetable oil into it and then heat it over medium-high heat.
- Now add onions and cook them for 3 to 4 minutes till they turn brown. It’s time to add the chicken pieces so that its parts can directly touch the pan bottom. For about 10 minutes let the chicken parts such as chicken breasts cook until they turn light brown.
- It’s time to add water, bay leaves, table salt and let it boil. Reduce the heat to low flame and cover the pot partially and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Let the chicken parts cool a bit before transferring them to a plate. Now pour the soup through a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl.
- You can clean the pot a bit before returning the broth to it. For removing the excess fat from the broth you can again cook the broth at a low flame and again filter it.
- Add diced vegetables and let them turn tender by cooking for 5 minutes.
- It’s time to add dried noodles and prepare them as per the directions mentioned in the packet, usually for 6 to 9 minutes.
- Once you are done with the noodles now add chicken pieces mostly chicken breasts are used as they are tender and are more moist in nature
- Now garnish the soup with parsley and now your chicken noodle soup is ready to be served.
Hope the readers find this chicken noodle soup recipe quite quick and easy. Enjoy this recipe with your family and children!