What to do when Start menu and Cortana Do not Work in Windows 10?
Posted: Jul 22, 2016
Windows 10 is the latest operating system and, after its advent, many Windows users are using this innovative operating system. With the use of this operating system, users complained that Windows 10 Start menu and Cortana not working. This makes the users completely unable to access their systems. In this situation, users should immediately look for a online technical support for Windows 10 to find immediate solutions. You can also go through this article post to have the right answers for this critical Windows 10 issue.
To resolve this issue, first of all you need to boot your system in the safe mode. To boot the system in safe mode, you need to go through the methods as shown below:
- While holding Windows key press the R key to open run prompt.
- Now type MSCNFIG on the run and then click on OK.
- Now, you will get system configuration utility.
- Now, click on the Boot tab and, then check for the safe Boot Checkbox.
- After rebooting of your system you need to sign in and, then you again need to boot in the safe mode.
- Again open the MSCNFIG and make uncheck on the option of Safe Boot.
- Now, restart your system again.
- Now, your Start menu and Cortana should work normally.
You can also go through Microsoft support pages for technical support number for Windows 10 Cortana and can have the following steps. If the procedure shown above does not resolve your issue, then you can also go through another method.
See also: Want to Make Cortana Yours? Know the Tips to Customize It
- Hold the Shift key while you keep pressing on Power button and, then select restart.
- Now, you will get Windows Recovery Environment where you need to select Troubleshoot, and then Advance options.
- Now, go to the Startup settings and, then Restart.
- When your system restarts, you will find a number of options.
- Now, press F5 for safe mode with networking.
- Once you have completed your sign in process in safe mode, then you need to restart your system to have normal boot.
7. You also need to active Windows Defender with the help of online Windows 10 technical support for defender.
Now, with these methods you can easily use your system with no error. However, even going through these methods, if you still receiving trouble with Windows 10 you are using, then you need to have Windows 10 technical support to have fast and accurate solutions. You can also read about Common Microsoft Windows 10 Issues & How to Fix Them at http://articles.org/common-microsoft-windows-10-issues-how-to-fix-them/
Aliena Marion have more than 3 years experience in writing about technical support service. Aliena enjoyed to write about QuickBooks, Quicken and Sage accounting software.