Picking the Best summer camp for kids
Posted: Aug 04, 2016
When you are choosing a summer camp, your options might be limited to the places that are close to your home. However, you are still likely to have a choice and it is a good idea for parents to talk to the camp directors before making any decisions. The good camps expect parents to be a part of the process when they are selecting kids so it is a good idea to at least talk to the camp directors.The Best Summer Camps for Kids
The best summer camps for kids always have someone who can talk you through the whole event before, during or even after the camp either on call or even in person. These camps also usually have parental references for you to talk to and the large camps also organize open houses every now and then. Here are a few things that make a summer camp great:
- History – There are some new summer camps out their but usually a camp operating for a longer time and with a history does set it apart. If the camp has been able to stay in business for such a long time and for so many generations it must be safe and effectively run.
- Philosophy – You would also want to know if the summer camp focuses on sports, arts, or leadership. The philosophy is usually integrated into the summer camp and you would want to pick the one that meets your child’s interested.
- Emphasis on Creating Community – The best summer camps think about how they will place the kids together to create the most inclusive and exciting experience for everyone.
- Staff – A well trained staff is the backbone of a good
- Element of Choice – You would want to allow your child to feel independent and choose the activities that interest camps. Only the large camps offer such choices and independence.
- Safety Precautions – The summer camp should have a communications plan to let parents know about events, or notify them if their kid becomes sick or injured during the camp.