More Than Just A School
Posted: Sep 13, 2016
Gone are the days when preschools used to be places where children were sent just to learn a little before their formal schooling years. Today, the definition of preschools is much more comprehensive. Today the preschools also act as child care centers, like the many Northridge child care centers. If your child has entered the early learning age, it is prudent to consider enrolling him at a preschool. There are a number of factors to consider before choosing a preschool for your children.
- Firstly, the location of the preschool is very important. It should be easily accessible to you so that even in case of an emergency you can rush to that place. It would be convenient if the location coincides with the localities you pass when leaving for work.
- Secondly, you should do a thorough checking of the school premises because hygiene is one of the biggest factors while choosing a preschool. A clean environment gives the children a healthy experience, both mentally and physically.
- Education is the prime objective of the preschool. You must check what type of programs they have and what they teach in those programs.
- The curriculum should definitely be such that the children improve their social, analytical and motor skills.
- Also, it is important that these institutes hire well-educated, licensed and trained employees who specialize in child care.
- Extra-curricular activities should also be on your to-check agenda for the preschool selection.
- The children should have ample space to play. Some of these facilities can be bike riding spaces, playgrounds which are separated according to children from separate age groups. There should be enough safety precautions in the playground such as the surfaces should be made of softer materials.
- Check if the institution has a medical professional available full-time.
- The school should provide not only sports activities, but also other kinds of extracurricular activities such as music, dance and learning of other languages. This helps to identify the natural talents of children early on, and also helps to understand where a child is taking interest.
- Overall safety is another issue which should be considered. You should choose a preschool which has a good surveillance system so that it is possible to monitor the location of all the children at any time. The timing of the preschool should also suit the parents. You should be able to pick them up at any time that is suitable for you and the child care center should take responsibility of the child even if you get late someday. This can reduce a considerable amount of stress from your shoulders.
- Lunch is often provided by these child care centers. You must be sure that the child is getting the required nutrition in the meal provided by the institute. Also check if the cafeteria/mess provides special menu for allergic children.
- Lastly, even if the preschool is up to a parents’ standards, there is always an issue of budget. The cost should be affordable by the parent.
Keep the above points in mind while selecting a preschool in Northridge for your child.
To know more log on to http://www.petiteschoolhouse.com/
About The Author
Marge Thatcher is an expert when it comes to early education and care for children. She also likes extremely interesting articles and blogs to help parents make all the right decisions during these critical stages in the life of their children. She recommends PetiteSchoolHouse.com as one of the best preschools in Northridge, California.
Petite School House is a leading Northridge child care center that offers age-appropriate preschool for toddlers and young children.