Wound Care Supplies That Every Medical Practice Must Have
Posted: Jan 09, 2017
Injuries are caused very easily and it happens very often. You could get hurt while playing or due to a fall or an accident. While most of them are not very serious, there are certain wounds that could be very deep and would need extreme care and attention. Every hospital should be equipped with all the necessary would care products as you never know what kind of wound you would be encountering during the course of the day. Wounds can easily cause infections. Hence, medical professionals must be very careful with the supplies they use during the dressing and cleaning of the wounds. These wound care products must always find a place in the clinic, in abundance so that if there is an emergency case, there is enough to stop the wounds from causing any kind of harm to the patient.
Wound care products include all the material that is used to clean the wound, stitches are done is the wound is too deep and then the wound is sealed after the medicine is applied to it. There are some very basic wound care products that take care of all these minor and major wounds that the clinic can encounter even if surgeries. In fact, if there is a surgery scheduled, the clinic has to do several checks before hand so that there is no shortage of wound care products and supplies during the operation. In this article, take a look at the few basic wound care products that every medical practice must have:
- Gauze sponges: They are versatile. They can be used as a shield against bacteria and dust while absorbing excess liquids released from the wound before it is dressed. They come in different shapes and sizes.
- Nonwoven sponges: These sponges are durable and tightly pressed. They are made of polyester or rayon. They are used to prevent any further harm to the wounds. They are used to dress open wounds.
- Medical Tape: As the name suggests, it is used to secure the bandage for a good number of days. The inner layer is coated with a strong, harmless adhesive. They are hypoallergenic.
- Alcohol Pads: They are used for cleaning the wound before a procedure involving an incision. They fight bacteria.
- Bandages and dressings: Small band aids and various types of dressings such as Hydrogel dressings must be available.
- Face masks and gloves: Disposable face masks and gloves must be worn by the professional to avoid any allergies or infections.
- Suture Removal: Sutured wounds, once healed, need to be relieved of the sutures. The kit contains several tools like forceps, scissors etc. They are sterilized.
- Gauze rolls: In the process of dressing, these rolls are used to cover the wounds. They absorb moisture and act as the first layer of the dressing.
This is just a small list. A medical professional needs to take a look at his supplies and stock up for those who might be in need of treatment.
My name is Sharif El-Matary and I am the Owner and operator of Scope Medical Equipment & Supply. We are your online medical supply dealer, offering a wide range of products