Directory Image
This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

Which USA Visa Rules Should A Business Traveler Should Look Into?

Author: Alexis Watson
by Alexis Watson
Posted: Jan 31, 2017
business visa

If you are in any kind of profession or business where you need to travel to United States on a regular basis then there is a separate set of US Immigration law and sets some specific guidelines for the same. This particular visa is meant for short term travel durations. This form of particular Business Visa is called B1 Business visa. B1 visa is a an non immigrant visa necessary for people who want to travel US for short term for business and which doesn’t require actual labour work and are not receiving any payment from an US source. There are some specific guidelines for citizens from some specific countries who can travel to US for business trips for period of 90 days also but who don’t fall under the guidelines of B1 visa of US Immigration law. They are generally waived off from following guidelines under B1 visa of US immigration law.

B-1 Visitor For Business Visa is meant for a variety of business activities such as attending conferences, business meetings and several other purposes but not for conducting real business. There is a comprehensive list of activities under Permissible and Prohibited activities section of Immigration law for United States. For a business traveler who plans to travel US and plans for activities mentioned in the section need to apply for this visa no later 60 days before the day of travel. In case the person travelling belongs to a specific scientific community or is a scientist and plans to travel US for some scientific conference need to apply for the visa no later than 90 days from the date of travel. The length of your stay in US is based upon date mentioned in Form I-94 of your visa application form which needs to be duly signed by the Immigration officer. There is no annual quota for business visa. If you have been awarded a 10 years visa it doesn’t mean that you can stay in US for 10 years.

One more thing that needs to be kept in mind while applying for B1 Business visa is that there is no dependant visa category under it. It is always advised not to take your dependent during the business trip. Even then you want to take them one should apply for separate tourist B2 visa for it. if want to do it yourself you can reach out a New York Immigration Attorney for help.

About the Author

I am Immigration Lawyer in New York, US.provides services in various field of Immigration laws, Civil laws, Criminal laws, Family law, Consumer cases, Property related matters, Matrimonial related matters &drafting and vetting of various agreements

Rate this Article
Leave a Comment
Author Thumbnail
I Agree:
Author: Alexis Watson

Alexis Watson

Member since: Sep 11, 2016
Published articles: 49

Related Articles