Safety Tips For Working With Lathe Machine
Posted: Mar 13, 2014
Lathe Machine is used in operations where the work piece has to be rotated in different directions while it is shaped using a cutting tool. This machine is used in operations such as sanding, cutting, drilling, knurling, facing, turning, etc.
There are different types of Lathe Machines employed for metalworking, metal spinning, woodturning, glass working, etc. Few types of objects that are produced by using these machines are gun barrels, candlestick holders, cue sticks, musical instruments, camshafts, crankshafts, bowls, table legs, etc.
If you have recently installed any type of Lathe Machine in your production facility or are willing to install one, then here are few tips for safely operating it:
- Personal protective gear is a must for workers who operate the machine because operations such as cutting and knurling accomplished with it are fairly dangerous. A slight mishandling may cause serious injuries to workers of your production facility. Therefore it is advised that workers should wear a proper protective gear such as safety glasses, gloves, etc. while working with Lathe Machine.
- The machine should always be switched off while making adjustment. Worker may get serious injuries if he adjusts the screws and other parts of machine while it is switched on.
- Heavy chunks of work pieces must be carefully installed between the cutters of Lathe Machine. Place supporting wood pieces on the sides of work piece to keep it stable during operation.
- Do not touch the cutting tool or work piece with bare hands while the Lathe Machine is turned on.
- While sanding a work piece using Lathe Machine, do not wrap it completely with emery cloth or sand paper.
- While working with it, never lean over it, and maintain a proper distance in between.
- Never change the speed of spindle when Lathe Machine is switched on. Switch the lathe off and then alter the spindle speed according to your requirement.
- Regularly get the Lathe Machine checked by a professional who can find out all the minor and major faults in it. Get these faults repaired in order to keep the machine in good working condition.
- Lastly, just like any other heavy duty cutting machine, Lathe Machine is also quite dangerous and workers should be extremely careful while working with it.
Leader Machine Tools is counted amid the leading Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters of a wide range of Machines. The machines offered by the company are Drilling & Milling Machines, Chaff Cutter Machine, Lathe Machine, Planer Machine, Plano Milling Machine, Drilling Machines, Shaper Machines, Boring Machines, Hydraulic Hacksaw Machine, Power Press Machines, Surface Grinder, Grinding Machines and Chaff Cutters. Log on to http://www.leaderindia.net, for more information about the company.
Leader Machine Tools offerings Machines includes Drilling & Milling Machines, Plano Miller Machine, Chaff Cutter Machine Etc.