What is Digital Media Planning and Buying all about?
Posted: Jun 06, 2017
We’ve witnessed digital media buying come a long way from Yellow pages to the modern Digital pages. To put it layman terms, digital media buying is the process of buying media coverage in the form of advertisements in order to fulfil certain business goals like marketing products and services or creating brand awareness through paid search advertising. With the ever evolving nature of online media, Digital Media Planning and Buying has become a crucial part for brands and thus a profession for many. So what really does a media buying agency in India do? Let’s brush up with the basics:
- Targeting: Based on age, gender, demographics, average income, interests, the first step to media planning is to create a detailed report of your target audience. This helps a planner identify the key traits of audiences before creating a successful ad campaign.
- Study the market: The next step would be understanding the consumer behaviour by gauging the audience’s tastes based on the most preferred platforms, the kinds of ads which are most popular, consumer engagement levels with other brands, your competitors etc. This will help you build your objective.
- Set a goal: Once you have started off with the above two steps, the next objective is to plan a goal. You need to define a specific goal which may vary according to the brand campaign. Does the brand want to generate leads or just create a brand presence? Setting up an aim in the start helps calculate the success of a campaign
- Compare: Once you have your target audience, market and a goal set, you need to research and determine the kind of ads (text, image or video) that will work best for your brand audience and objective
- Supervise & Improvise: Once an ad campaign goes live, you need to track its performance on a regular basis. The reach, engagement and the impressions play a big role in measuring the success of the campaign. Additionally, one can also improvise their ads according to the current numbers and make the most of the ad money invested
- Results: Measurements in the form of impressions, click through rates, clicks, conversion rates etc determine the campaign’s success. Understanding the metrics and analytics will help you plan your campaigns in the future more efficiently.
There are different mediums to put paid search advertising into effect for your brand. These are:
- Social Advertising
- Display Network
- Search Engine Marketing
- Mobile Advertising
- Video Advertising
Author is digital marketing conslutant in professioanl internet marketing company in India.