Laser hair removal in London Ontario as hair removal solutions by Artistic spa
Posted: Sep 09, 2019
What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is one of the most permanent hair removal solutions available. It is extremely common and works by beaming highly concentrated light into hair follicles, which kills the follicle and keeps new hair from growing. Although it may take several treatments to remove most hair, laser hair removal, skin resurfacing London has become quite popular due to its effectiveness and relatively quick results.
Exist different types of laser hair removal?
Yes and no. The principle would be the same for these types of treatments, but there are a few different lasers that doctors choose from.
- Alexandrite is a near-infrared laser that is most reliable on pale skin.
- Pulsed diode array is a near-infrared laser that works perfectly on pale to the medium-toned skin.
- Nd: YAG laser is a near-infrared laser made for treating darker skin types, although it can be effective on lighter skin, as well.
- IPL/intense pulsed lamination is not actually a laser, but it is sometimes used as a laser for pale to the medium-toned skin.
Exactly what areas are safe to laser?
It’s safe to laser just about any area you want. This includes eyebrows, legs, arms, underarms, bikini area, chest, feet, back or anywhere else on your shape. I always recommend letting a professional do this for you, rather than using some of the at-home gadgets now available.
What are the cons of Laser hair removal London?
Although it is an effective way of hair removal, there are some drawbacks. Included in this are:
- Multiple sessions - The average patient needs about seven treatments to remove most of the hair in their desired area. However, this depends upon a variety of factors, including the size of the area, type of hair or type of skin. Some patients may only require two or three sessions.
- Hair grows in several phases, and a laser can only affect hair that is currently growing. This explains the need for multiple treatments, as hair grows at different rates.
- Expense - The average cost per session, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, is $235. However, this is once again dependent on the size of the area being treated, how many sessions are required and more.
- Skin irritation or discomfort - Laser hair removal is not totally painless. Some people experience side effects like inflammation, redness, blistering and even hypo- or hyper-pigmentation at the site. Your doctor should give you some anti-inflammatory, cooling creams or other means to aid relieve this awkwardness.
- Sun damage - If you’re going to have laser hair removal, ensure you won’t be getting much sun exposure immediately afterward. It’s important to wear sunscreen each day, of course, but extra important, if you'll be camping and your recently layered area, will be directly exposed to the sunlight.
How should I prepare for laser hair removal and care for the site afterward?
Before each session, make sure to:
- Avoid electrolysis, plucking or waxing, as these activities temporarily remove the root of the hair. If there is no root, laser hair removal planning to work.
- Avoid sun exposure for your desired area. This can lead to more complications during and after the procedure, and also make the treatment less effective.
After the treatment:
- Wear sunscreen of at least 30 SPF in your treated area and avoid exposing it to direct sunlight.
- Use a mild anti-inflammatory, cooling creams or cold compresses if you experience inflammation, burning sensations or discomfort in your treated area.
- Redness will be expected, but if you experience painful blistering that lasts several days, call your doctor. Although it is rare, laser hair removal or can result in burning of the skin.
If you’d love to learn more about Permanent Make Up london ontario, click skin tightening London. If you’d like to make an appointment.
Have any questions about laser hair removal that I didn’t home address here? Leave them in the comments, and I’ll try to answer them.
For getting more information about botox and fillers london Ontario visit the website http://artisticspa.ca/service/injectables/
Our aim is to provide best information to all of our visitors. We feel very happy to serve you so visit to my article..