8 Popular Churches In Goa That You Should Never Miss to Visit
Posted: Mar 09, 2017
Goa churches are one of the main tourist attractions apart from the vibrant beaches, as a fact the magnificent Portuguese architecture churches in Goa draws a huge number of tourists all over the world. Goa is undoubtedly one of the best holiday destinations where a person can enjoy and relax as well, so a visit to this paradise would be incomplete if you miss out the beautiful ancient churches over there.
Check out the famous churches of Goa that you should visit:
- Bom Jesus Basilica: This is marked as a UNESCO heritage property features the finest Baroque architecture, and one of the most famous churches in Goa, the church still hosts ST. Francis Xavier’s mortal remains.
- St Francis of Assisi: This church is famous for its Corinthian and Barque architecture, the interiors of the church are finely decorated with frescos, artifacts and paintings, do take a visit to the small museum inside the church.
- Se Cathedral: This church was built in 1510 to celebrate the Portuguese victory conquering a city in Goa. This is said to be one of the biggest and ancient churches in India.
- Monte Hill: The location of this church will definitely beckon you; it is located on a hilltop with a panoramic view of Goa. The simplicity of this church will touch your soul.
- St. Cajetan Church: This church is said to be the replica of St. Peters’ Church in Rome, the architecture undoubtedly mesmerizes the visitors, and you will find many artifacts and painting of Jesus Christ.
- St. Francis Xavier’s Church: This church is also a UNESCO heritage property; this is an ancient church built during the Portuguese invasion and is major tourist attraction place.
- St. Catherine Chapel: This church will take you on a historic trip, as this holy place was built in 1510 by the Governor of Portugal during their start of their reign in Goa.
- St. Alex Church: This is an ancient church built in 1741 by a local Goan village, the spectacular interiors will surely mesmerize you, this church is dedicated to Our Lady and is the first Grotto among the other churches.
Whenever you plan your holidays in Goa try booking your
The author is an avid writer and is interested in traveling & blogging and shares his own travel experience.Through his articles, I can get information about hotel and resorts.