Important Facts About Best Homestays in Coorg, the Trends and Patterns
Posted: Jul 27, 2017
The homestays in India may not be as popular as the hotels, resorts and other types of accommodations for tourists and visitors, but at the same time, this fact also can’t be denied that the homestays have witnessed exponential growth in India in the last few years. There has been a growth both in the size and the number of homestays in India in the last one decade. The credit of this goes to both the State and Central tourism ministries which took some useful measures to revive the lost glory of the homestays in India. Here are some of the interesting facts related to the homestays in India
- In India, hotels, resorts and other type of accommodations contribute 67% of the tourism industry infrastructure while as homestays contribute just 13 percent.
- More than 72% of the Home stays are located in the South India followed by 17% in the North India. There are overall 1663 Homestays in India, which spread over 2017 destinations in the country.
- The famous homestay types in India are Nature Stays, Self-catering Villas, Ship/ House Boat, Spa, Farmhouse and Boutique Hotels.
- The price of the homestay varies from location to location, amenities and the time one spends. Some homestays charge per night. The luxurious homestay in India can cost you as much as 5000 Rs a night. The mid-range homestays in India can cost a tourist 2000-5000 Rs per night and the cost of in budget hotels can go as high as 2000 Rs per night. Moreover, the prices will also depend on the types of facilities you are availing, location and many other factors.
There are some best homestays in Coorg which offer hotel like amenities at affordable prices.
- For budget travellers, when it comes to selecting a homestay, they have significant choices. They can afford a homestay at a price per night below 2000.
- When it comes to the distribution of Homestays by state wise, we come to know that more than 40% of homestays are located in Kerala. It is followed by Karnataka with 27%. The five states, Himachal Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala house 88% of the homestays in India.
- Out of the 207 destinations, 10 places in the Southern States share 51% of total Homestays in India.
- Most of the homestays in India are located in Coorg, Kochi, Wayanad, Chikmagalur and Alleppey.
- When we compare the prices of the Homestays State and quality wise, we come to know that there is a stiff competition between the home stays. Some home Stays are beating others in the guest satisfaction and in terms of the facilities provided.
- It has been observed that places, where there is a higher concentration of homestays, there we find better satisfaction levels than the other forms of accommodation in that region.
In view of the growing popularity of the Homestay business in India and the liking of the foreign tourists for it, The Union Tourism Ministry recently decided to introduce a rating system for certified guest houses, bed and breakfast accommodations and homestays. This step was taken to assist tourists to make informed choices.
The rating system will act as a mechanism to enlist Homestays with online aggregators. The online aggregators will make it easy for the customers to select Best Homestays in Coorg with better facilities.
Based on the facilities, the homestay provides to tourists, it will be graded as gold or silver. But the homestays which are registered with the State Governments. This rating system already exists for hotels in the country, but was yet to be introduced for homestays and other accommodations for tourists
I'm a blogger. I'm passionate at Beauty, Travel, Fashion,Business Health. sharing my views and thoughts with others.