7 Benefits of having SSL secured website
Posted: Oct 27, 2017
With changing times, data security threats are on a rise. Enough emphasis has been put on website security by website experts. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate is the industry-recommended data protection layer offered by reputed web security providers. Some of the leading SSL certificates include Comodo SSL certificate, GeoTrust SSL Certificate, RapidSSL certificate and Symantec SSL Certificate.
Let’s explore 7 benefits that make SSL certificates a security boon for website owners.
- Data Encryption –Generally, hackers create a havoc by stealing data that is transmitted over a network between the sender and the receiver. SSL encrypts the data at the sender’s computer and decrypts the data at the receiver’s system. Any intruder who tries to steal the data will get to view it in scrambled form which will be extremely difficult to unscramble.
- User Authentication –Identity verification is a key action to identify the genuine receivers of the sensitive data that is transmitted. SSL service providers use a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) authentication system to verify the credentials of the company that is receiving the customer data.
- Customer Trust –Today, many online users are aware of web security features. Seeing a SSL certificate by a trustworthy web security brand makes them trust in the business using the certificate. And why not, there are several credit card frauds that they get to hear about from various sources. The assurance of secure data transfer makes them want to use more of the online services from the secure online services website.
- Better ROI –Customers share credit card details, debit card details, contact numbers and other important information that can easily be misused if fallen in wrong hands. If your customers are more comfortable performing transactions on your website then it will drive your sales. Your lead management campaigns will be more successful. And eventually, your return on investment will be higher.
- Payment Service Compliance –If you want to partner with payment gateways or other payment service providers for monetary transactions on your website, you need to follow their compliance standards. An SSL certificate is required by most payment partners to ensure the data security of customers relying on their services. Most companies even run audits to ensure that their partner companies are following the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards and similar compliance requirements.
- Professionalism –Any customer who is exploring a new online business will be attracted to its service offerings if they are using a security certificate. This indicates that the eBusiness has a professional approach in safeguarding the data entered by their customers for financial transactions on their website.
- Protect your data –SSL certificates not only protect the data that you receive but also the data that you send to your customers. This feature can prevent leakage of promo codes, pass codes for exclusive events etc.
To buy SSL certificates, you need a trusted web security service provider. Contact Abhada Technologies, reliable company associated with leading security brands such as Comodo, Symantec, Rapid and GeoTrust for securing your website with SSL certificates.
Jitendra Raulo is Founder & CEO at Abhada Technologies that offer domain registraration and Web hosting services.