Covering the Basics of Load Cells
Posted: Dec 08, 2017
Businesses across the globe use weighing scales to measure the weight of goods and commodities. From Commercial to retail stores, everywhere there is an electronic scale that determines the weight of merchandises loaded on it. Most of these scales are high on accuracy and function perfectly for years, regardless of the frequency of use, size of loads and other subsidiary factors. At the heart of these incredible devices are load cells, a kind of transducer that converts a physical input into a digital output.
A type of sensor, these contraptions work by sensing the force of the object and with the use an electronic circuitry of precise operation processes the signals into numbers. The indicator on the device then displays the result.
Operating Principles of Load Cells
Although most people know load cells to be devices designed strictly for the purpose of determining and displaying weights, their uses are not restricted to weight measurement. In fact, exploring the three principles on which load cells generally operate will help you better understand the broad spectrum uses of these sensors. Load cells essentially are passive transducers, which mean that they convert any kind of applied force into what we know as electrical signals. That is the reason they are also called load transducers. Load cells, as would any load cell suppliers in Bangalore would confirm have three basic operating principles.
- Universal (both Tension & compression)
Studying these principles in detail will help you find uses for load cells that are outside the commonly known perimeter.
Types of Load Cells
Owing to their operational diversity, variants of load cells have been designed to ensure tailored usage. Some of the most commonly used kinds are:
- High speed load cell: The appropriate place of use of a high speed load cell is a packaging industry where high speed dynamic application is required.
- S-type load cell: This device can put up with most kinds of compression and tension applications, and that is regardless of the industry.
- Weighbridge load cell: The Weighbridge is one of the precise, most durable kind of load cell there is. It is a shear beam double ended ball type load cell that is used in truck scales.
- Double-ended load cell: Those made from nickel alloy steel are purposed for heavy-duty operations. They have built in lightening protection.
- a href="http://sensomaticloadcell.net/double-ended-shear-beam-load-cell/">Shear Beam load cell
- Button type load cell: In a place where space is limited, a button type load cell saves the day for all compression application.
- Elevator load cell: Designed and developed for sturdy operations, this load cell is mostly used in goods and passenger elevator to weigh the load. It is ideal for high impact loads.
- Universal Load Cell: The universal load cell is known for its extra accuracy which makes it ideal for application in industries that rely on full accuracy of measurements.
For best uses, try obtaining your load cell supplies from a trusted manufacturer.
About the Company:
Sensomatic manufacture a wide range of high precision load cells for various Industrial application in India. Our range includes S-type load cell, Shear beam load cell, Double ended load cell, Compression load cell, Stainless steel load cell, Weighbridge load cell and many more.
Sensomatic manufacture a wide range of high precision load cells for various Industrial application in India.