The Specialty Of Laminate Flooring
Posted: Mar 31, 2014
A relatively new invention, Laminate Flooring has brought a charming makeover to the floor surface covering sector. Due to its versatility, sturdiness, easy maintenance as well as reasonable price, the popularity of laminate floor has been constantly on a rise. The growing popularity of Laminate Flooring is quite apparent from the fact that there was an increase of 5% in its overall sale volumes in different parts of the world. So, what is it that makes laminate flooring so popular? Keep on reading and you will answers to all your questions!
What Is A Laminate Floor & How It Is Manufactured?
Laminate generally floats over a sub floor on a layer of plastic or foam. This helps in insulating wood against sound, temperature as well as moisture or water. The manufacturing process begins with placing the various components of laminated flooring together. All the components are placed on top of each other with precision, through computer aided design machines. Once they are on top of each other, the components are pressed together using a laminate press at 360 degree and a force of around 600 pounds per sq. inch is exerted for 30 seconds.
Benefits Of Laminate Flooring
There are several benefits associated with ordinary laminated flooring. Some of them are listed as follow:
- Durable : Laminate Flooring is dependable and durable. It can endure abrasion and wear, without denting or dulling. In general, Laminate Flooring provides high resistance to stains, impacts, scratches, dust, moisture, grit, etc. The ability to withstand UV light exposure and oppose fading also makes it a preferred choice.
- Versatile : Laminated Flooring can exhibit dozens of natural hardwood looks. Also, appearances of natural stones as well as ceramic floors can be reproduced on the Laminated Floors through a specially designed process that involves printing, embossing and texturing.
- Convenient To Install : Laminate floor can be installed without much trouble. If you have a standard sized living room, installing laminated flooring takes about a day. With just a few tools, necessary installation instruction, Laminated Floorings can be installed without the need of a flooring expert.
- Easy To Clean & Maintain : Laminate Flooring is easy to clean and maintain. A simple run over with a vacuum cleaner can suffice the need. From time to time, it is necessary to mop the floor with water and a gentle floor cleaner. Mopping eliminates stains and marks on the top of the floor.
- Budget-Friendly : When compared to hardwood flooring, ceramic tiles and vinyl, laminate flooring is relatively cheap. With laminate flooring, it is easy to get new flooring on a small budget.
Located in Perth, Stepfast Flooring is ranked among the leading Suppliers and Importers of premium Wooden Flooring. Stepfast Flooring acts as a Warehouse Direct Sale Company dealing in Bamboo Flooring, Laminate Flooring, Engineered Timber Flooring, Prefinished Hardwood Flooring, Compressed Wood flooring, Artificial Grass, and WPC Decking. For details, please feel free to visit: http://www.stepfastflooring.com.au/.
Author is representing this article on behalf of Stepfast Flooring. Stepfast Flooring is a supplier of wood flooring, laminate wood flooring etc.