Step by Step Tackling of Cancer | BLK Hospital Nigeria
Cancer is considered as one of the most deadly diseases to hit human beings. The main reasons of this is because it there is no exact cause of Cancer. There are many risk factors associated with Cancer but even if you are away from those, there are chances that you can still be hit by Cancer. This makes Cancer even more dangerous. If not diagnosed in time, Cancer has the potential to turn fatal. The important thing to do is to identify the symptoms as soon as possible. If you are diagnosed with Cancer, get yourself treated with best cancer treatment hospital in India.
Our body is made up of number of cells and there is a system present which looks after those cells and make sure that they grow, reproduce and die at the normal rate but Cancer hinders this process. It is basically a group of diseases in which abnormal cells divide uncontrollably. This happens when the body’s normal control mechanism stops working. Instead of dying, old cells grow out of control and form new and abnormal cells. A mass of tissue is formed which is known as tumor. It has the potential to spread to other parts of the body.
As mentioned above, there are no exact causes of Cancer, but there are risk factors associated with Cancer. Some of them are –
- Tobacco is the most common reason for deaths related due to cancer. More than 20 percent of people die due to tobacco use.
- Age is also a risk factor. Cancer can take a long time to develop. Most of the people who are suffering from cancer are 60 or older.
- Lifestyle choices such as smoking and alcohol consumption increase the risk of cancer.
- Some portions of cancer happen due to inherited condition. If cancer is common in the family then mutations might be passing from one generation to the next.
- Getting your body exposed to sun and other forms of radiation can also cause cancer.
Though the obvious symptoms of cancer depend on the type of cancer that the person is suffering from but in general, there are some common symptoms. Some of them are –
- Lump or thickening of the area underneath the skin.
- Feeling of fatigue.
- There may be oscillation in weight. Either too low or too high.
- Skin changes such as yellowing, darkening or redness of the skin.
- Changes in the bowel or bladder habits.
- Difficulty in swallowing of food.
- Muscle pain which is persistent and unexplained.
- Unexplained bleeding or bruising.
Prevention of care is mainly done by keeping away from the risk factors. Some of the preventive steps as told by Cancer Specialists in India are as follows –
- Smoking should be stopped. It is not only linked to lung cancer but other types of cancer too.
- Sun exposure should be avoided. Sunscreen should be applied whenever you go out.
- Eating healthy diet with focus on fruits and vegetables.
- Regular exercise should always be encouraged. This will also help in keeping weight in check.
- Alcohol consumption should be hi moderated or stopped if it can.
- You should frequently screen your body for cancer.
There are different forms of cancer treatment and they depend on the preference of the patient or the severity of the cancer. Some of them are –
- Radiation therapy – it is a type of cancer treatment in which cancer is killed off by using high doses of radiation to kill the cancer and shrink tumor cells.
- Chemotherapy – In chemotherapy, a single or combination of drugs are used to kill cancer cells. There are also some side effects related to this.
- Surgery – surgery is the last option when other methods have failed or when the cancer has developed in big number.
BLK is a privately owned super specialty hospital in Delhi which is known for giving cancer treatment to patients who are coming from other countries for medical tourism.BLK Hospital is the preferred destination for diagnosis and treatment of cancer because of their state-of-the-art facilities and highly developed equipments.
BLK Super Speciality Hospital is the largest stand-alone private sector hospital in Delhi. BLK comprehensive Cancer Care with organ specific specialist teams makes it best Cancer Hospital in India.