Importance of Soft Skill Development Training in the Present Scenario
Posted: Apr 13, 2018
Hard skills are also called technical skills or technical knowledge. These skills can be learned and studied to get certain jobs in a particular sector. Typically, these hard skills are listed on your resume. This is because these skills are the first thing that will be noticed by the hiring organisation or the interviewer.
What Are Soft Skills?
Recent researches show that companies are now showing more interest in a candidate’s soft skills. Now you would ask what are soft skills? Soft skills are the personal attributes of a person. These skills are non-technical and reflect different interpersonal capabilities. Communication (verbal and written), leadership, decision-making, problem-solving abilities, teamwork, time management, self-discipline, self-respect and respect to others, etc. are the great examples of soft skills that organisations look for.
It is often said that hard skills will get you inside a company but only soft skills will keep you there and advance your career.
The demand for effective soft skills will keep growing. Just take a look at the following reasons why:
- Without Soft Skills Your Hard Skills are Useless: In many job roles, technical knowledge and skills are not sufficient to get better opportunities. For instance, a Business Development (BD) executive with thorough knowledge of his or her company’s services or products will surely have success, but the level of success is not as per their expectations. On the other hand, with strong interpersonal skills, a BD executive will be able to close more deals and retain more clients. Similarly, a person on a responsible position should be a good listener, effective speaker and a creative thinker. Every job role has its own requirements to have some specific soft skills to make your hard skills worthy and useful.
- Not All Soft Skills are Teachable: Hard skills are not difficult to become skilled at. They can be learned and taught easily. On the other hand, soft skills are challenging and cannot be developed easily. Soft skills are mainly associated with the character and qualities. A lot of commitment, conscious efforts and practice required to improve your soft skills. Hard skills can boost up your resume, but soft skills can help you stand apart from the crowd. You can also join
- Modern Workplaces Need Impressive Soft Skills: Soft skills such as communicating with co-workers, presenting new ideas, listening others ideas and collaborating with team members are highly valued skills at present. These are common yet important soft skills that every modern workplace looks for in a candidate. Strong and effective soft skills ensure healthy, friendly, productive and collaborative work culture. All these attributes are also important to help an organisation grow faster.
- Customers Ask for Soft Skills: Technology advancement offers numerous choices to the customers. Therefore, effective and influential customer services are needed to attract more business in such a highly competitive market. An executive with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently can be a crucial factor in the success and growth of an organisation. This is one of the more important reasons why organisations give preference to individuals having strong soft skills.
- Future Businesses Will Highly Count On Soft Skills: We all know how technology is becoming more and more advanced with each passing day. Due to this, labour cost is decreasing and productivity is increasing. This is why after a few years, intelligence system, machine learning and automation will give rise to a greater proportion of job opportunities counting on soft skills. From this perspective, soft skills are even more important to remain relevant with the upcoming technological trends and challenges. For this, joining a
Soft skills are the skills that stay with you forever because they are natural and once learnt only become more good with practice. Training providers also understand this simple fact and thus offer amazing training programmes and courses so that individuals looking for jobs and even those in jobs can brush-up their existing skills. You can also join a training programme, but it is advisable to do self-assessment before any decision. Look at yourself and ask what skills from the above you need. Talk to the counsellor at the skill development training centre in Delhi to know what will suit you best.
IHuS is an Smo Content Writing Firm which provides customised and cost-effective solutions designed to produce results.