Five Key Reasons Why Software Testing Services Hold Added Relevance Today
Posted: May 09, 2018
The world of the Internet and its technological offshoots are leapfrogging at a rapid pace. What seems relevant today is no longer applicable tomorrow or at least requires a major shift in its design or implementation. Companies are struggling to keep pace with these changes and are taking recourse to shortcuts to remain afloat. Clients and customers are increasingly looking at applications that are cutting edge, easily downloadable, navigable, feature rich and secure. The only way to ensure these is by software application testing. However, the way technological advances have enveloped spheres like the social media, mobility, cloud, big data, or IoT, any business or software testing services company needs to invest. The investment should be in terms of hiring resources, conducting training, and implementing cutting edge systems on the ground.
Consequences of not carrying out software application testing
- User dissatisfaction: A glitch prone software will not meet the criteria of customer satisfaction. In fact, it may cause harm in the form of loss of personal or financial information. For example, a glitch-prone mobile ecommerce app or web application can be hacked by frauds to steal credit/debit card information. Besides, the user dissatisfaction can be on account of reduced functionality, navigability, usability and a slow download.
- Loss of brand equity: Building a brand is a time consuming and cost intensive process. It takes the right strategy to reach out to the customers. However, all these can come to nought if the software products or services turn out to be below par. And once the customer trust is broken, it is very difficult to win it back.
- Competitors have a field day: Users are a choosy lot. If they find the software product of a rival company better in terms of quality and performance then they will start using the same. Thus, not engaging a
- Loss of Revenue: When the end customers are not satisfied with the quality of the product, they can abandon the product. This can mean revenue loss and a severe impact on the bottom line.
- Cost overrun: If a glitch is found during the customer usage of an application, it can result in rework. In other words, the development team needs to rewrite the code to eliminate the glitch. This leads to cost overruns, as the team will have to spend its precious time on rework.
If the challenge of frequent technological changes in the digital landscape is not enough, there is an increased threat of cyber fraud. According to industry estimates, around 70 percent of the software can be hacked on account of their built-in vulnerabilities. Hence, businesses need to engage a software testing services company or for the latter to update its platforms and software testing methodology.
The thrust of companies into software application testing has moved towards Agile and DevOps. Reference to software testing methodologies, QA is a continuous process and works alongside development. The idea is to identify the glitches at the initial stage of development and to qualitatively transform the functionalities/features of the final product. The other outcomes of following the Agile/DevOps model are an accelerated time to market and test automation.
Five key reasons that make software testing services hold an added relevance
- Enable companies to adopt new technologies: The adoption of any new technology to improve the quality of products/services or user experience should be preceded by a rigorous QA testing. The testing process by identifying the vulnerabilities can validate the requirement of a new technology.
- Increased security threat: Cyber criminals are increasingly becoming active in targeting vulnerable websites/applications. Preventing that is only possible by knowing about the vulnerabilities through penetration testing and then plugging them.
- Interface with new technologies: Any new software has to be multi-dimensional with interfaces leading to the cloud, big data, IoT or AI. QA testing can validate these interfaces and make the user experience better.
- Cross platform compatibility: QA testing helps to check the compatibility of software across devices, platforms, operating systems, browsers, and networks.
- User experience: Everything boils down to the user experience. Only continuous QA testing can ensure an enhanced user experience across platforms and technologies.
Quality assurance is not an option, but a necessity for businesses to stay relevant and meet the rising customer expectations. The challenge for software testing companies is to keep them updated with the latest testing methodology.This Article is originally published at Medium.com Why Should Businesses Consider Software Testing Services? Five Key Reasons.
Diya works for Cigniti Technologies, Global Leaders in Independent Software Testing Services Company to be appraised at Cmmi-Svc v1.3, Maturity Level 5, and is also Iso 9001:2015 & Iso 27001:2013 certified.