Review of AVG Ultimate 2018
There are many cybersecurity and antivirus softwares in the market. Each year, new versions of these softwares are released. But few remain worth considering at the end of the year. AVG Ultimate 2018 Antivirus is one of such antivirus softwares which is not only a solid security suite but also worth buying if you are looking to change your antivirus software.
Let’s Talk About Features
It comes bundled with plethora of features, some of which are by default enabled and some of which requires rebooting. Following is the list of features provided in this year’s edition of AVG Ultimate Antivirus:
- PC Tuneup: This feature is included in the bundled software. It provides thorough scan of the computer and disc defragmentation, both of which requires a little bit of time. Using ‘Rescue Center’, user can undo any changes he/she has made to the Settings.
- File and Behavior Shields: These shields form the part of the central core of the software. Whenever any program attempts to open any file, file shield scans that file or folder and if any program starts to behave in a suspicious or malicious manner, then behavior shield prevents that program from functioning.
- Web Shield: Another layer of protection is called web shield which, as its name suggests, secures your data and your machine while you are browsing the Internet or downloads anything from Internet. It inherently blocks all the known web threats and regularly updates its database. While Email Shield scans your email attachments before either opening them or saving them to your system.
- Firewall: Firewall is built-in and provides an extra layer of security. Interesting addition to this firewall is that it allows you to view all connections made to and from your computer in real time.
- Ransomware Module: There is a ‘smart’ mode in it. It decides which programs should receive permission to access your personal files. Another mode provided is called ‘strict’ mode.
- Data Safe: To hide your sensitive files and folders from public view, a data safe is provided which is encrypted with 256-bit AES technology. Only PIN set by you can open this data safe.
- Anti-Spam Shield: The anti-spam shield in the software does not come installed by default and the user must reboot the system in order to enable it. Quite cumbersome, isn’t it?
- Fake Website Shield: Finally, the fake website shield detects bogus or spam sites to keep your data safe when you are accessing your bank accounts online, shopping online, and so on.
- Other Scan Types: Several dedicated types of scans are provided like System Scan that includes USB / DVD analysis. Boot-time Scan also needs installing like anti-spam shield and it is recommended that you run it every now and then.
- AVG VPN: It can also be installed but it comes with a free trial period after which you have to buy the subscription.
- AVG Ultimate will scan the hard disks of your system whenever your system is booted up next time. It also runs before the Windows starts up. User can also scan particular files or folders by right clicking them and choosing the option ‘Scan with AVG Ultimate 2018’.
- There is a free version.
- Social networking protection.
- Browser toolbar includes active Do Not Track technology.
- Trusted support from AVG phone number.
- Manual cleanup was required with many threats.
- Not the best cybersecurity software.
Hi, I am Adam Mathews and I am a technical engineer at 800tollfreenumber.net. 800tollfreenumber is the online contact numbers directory of all company.