10 Steps of Carpet Installation
Posted: May 18, 2018
Whether you live in the New York City, Las Vegas or Portland, carpet installation at home is one of the most important home improvement tasks. The carpet not only enhance the style and comfort of the space but also complements the interior décor. Also, an efficiently installed carpet will assist you save money on your energy bills each month.
Everyone knows that color and design of the carpet plays an important role in the overall appearance of your space. Once you select the right combination of style and color, it's time to choose whether you will hire a professional or try to DIY. While most of the people think of trying to DIY to save the cost, carrying out carpet installation without professional assistant may prove harder than you imagine.
No matter what you choose to do, you should know how to check whether your carpet is installed properly or not. This article is written to give you a step-wise overview of the entire process and what you can expect.
- Removal of old carpet, thorough cleaning and vacuuming of the floor.
- Installation of tack-strip around the perimeter of the room, excluding doorways. The tack-strip is used to ensure that the carpet stays tight after it has been stretched over.
- Stapling of pad on the floor. In case of concrete floor the pad is glued down or glue is directly applied under the carpet. Avoid installation of the pad over the tack-strip.
- Now, the carpet is rolled over the floor. It should be properly unrolled in the right directions.
- Preparation of seams. It is possible that some rooms do not need a seam, while others will. You should keep in mind that the installer makes straight cuts. The straight cut will help the joints of the carpet blend properly, without being noticeable.
- Now the seam tape will be positioned under the joints of carpet and, then it will heated. After the glue gets hot, the edges of the carpet will be placed on to the glue. The carpet will be joined permanently once the glue cools down.
- Now it’s time for stretching the carpet by using power stretcher or by hands. To cut the carpet to the right size, it needs to be stretched a few inches over the tack strip.
- The extra carpet over the tack strip will be trimmed. After trimming is done, the installer will tuck the trimmed edges in the space where the wall and the floor meets.
- After installation, the scraps will be removed, vacuuming of carpet will be done.
- Enjoy the beauty of your home décor for years to come.
While, these are some of the basic steps of carpet installation, these’ll assist you have a general idea of how carpet is installed before you get it done at your home or office. If you still have any query or want to get carpet installed at your place, you can always contact professional carpet installation service provider in the New York City, Las Vegas or Portland.
ContractorsBidding.com is the ultimate portal where you find local contractors like general, roofers, plumbers, painting and remodeling contractors.