Using the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool - Learn How it works?
Posted: Jun 06, 2018
QuickBooks is accounting software designed for small and medium sized businesses. This software is developed and marketed by US based company "Intuit". But sometimes while working on the QuickBooks, some errors like H202, H505, or 6000 series errors are diagnosed when trying to open a company file. To deal with these errors, QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is developed. It is developed to troubleshoot networking and multi-user errors that can occur when you open a company file. Users may use this tool to diagnose and to make corrections so that problem can be solved. This tool also prevents poor connection between the QuickBooks applications, the Database Manager and the Company files. The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is only supported when the computer is having Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP with QuickBooks 2010, 2009 or 2008 or Enterprise Solutions 10.0, 9.0 or 8.0. The current installer occupies 1.7MB on disk which is available for download.
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool installer is also known as QBNetDialog.exe, QBServerUtilityMgr.exe, qbw32.exe or QBW32Pro.exe etc. The most preferred version of the software by users is 4.0. It is available for download in free.
The following issues can be resolved be resolved by the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- The first issue is connection problem between QuickBooks and Database. It can be resolved by QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- The second issue is regarding Firewall ports. You don’t know what firewall ports that need to be open.
- Or any other QuickBooks Database Connecting Issues.
How to download QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
- This tool can be downloaded from QuickBooks Support website by searching QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- Once it is downloaded, and then click on.exe and install prompts need to be followed.
- Then launch the tool by following the steps given below.
- Click on QuickBooks Connection icon from the desktop.
- When any information is displayed, then click Ok.
- Allow the programs to make changes by clicking on Yes to the User Account Control Message.
- Browse the location of QuickBooks file and click the connectivity test button. Certain diagnostics will be performed by QuickBooks. Click the appropriate links for help and to resolve problems when any error message will appear.
Learn to use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- Diagnose Connection tab –This tab lets you test the computer setup to ensure the company data file is accessible from a workstation, whether configured as single-user or multi-user. If permissions are not set correctly, or if firewalls or ports are blocked, errors can result.
- Firewall Status-The Firewall Status area displays basic information about the firewall.
- Test Connectivity- The Test Connectivity area lets you test your computer’s connectivity.
After 2013, nettool services were blocked by Intuit to download, 4.0 is the last version available on some software sites. QuickBooks File Doctor was launched by Intuit few years back which was more powerful tool and contains all previous functions as well.
If you are facing any trouble in following the above steps, contact QuickBooks Support. Our support team is full of experts which can resolve your issues in few minutes. We are available 24×7 at +1877-2499-444 to resolve your queries.
Jack Mike is a contract creator having passion for both finance enterprise and writing. to combine these interests together she began blogging for finance magazines having 12 years of revel in until now.