Why should you get your trademark registered in India?
Posted: Jun 26, 2018
In this article of mine, you will get the significant information that you are looking for trademark registration. This article will introduce you to the concept of trademark registration hence if you are a beginner, you’ve come to right place because I’ll explain to you what a trademark is and what to do when you want a trademark registration.
What is a trademark?
Now a trademark is a brand or a logo which you can use for distinguishing your company or product from the other competitors. A trademark is the attractive silent salesman that will sell for you in the business market, and that’s why it is so important to pick something so eye-catching. But when you are thinking of having a trademark for your business, you will have to register it first. By doing the trademark registration for your brand or logo, you will protect its duplication or misuse by the others. Trademark registration makes it illegal for others to use it. It’s a criminal offense to do so.
After trademark registration, it becomes your intangible asset. Your logo trademark will get a trademark registration number which also works as your trademark license. This number will be assigned to you within three days by the department of the trademarks. However, because it takes about 2 years for your trademark registration to complete so you could at least use the "R" that is encircled as a symbol with your brand name. So the conclusion is that trademark registration of your brand or logo is important because your brand or logo will not be protected just by having your company registered against those of who might try to replicate your creativity and sell fakes in your name.
Coming to the process of trademark registration
Start with making sure that what you are creating doesn’t already exist. So just check for the availability. This should be your very priority when planning to start a company. In case you find the process troublesome or little confusing, don’t hesitate to contact the professionals who will help you get the job done easier way. Now the trademark registration can be done in any city like Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and any other city you need to get the Registration from.
What to expect when getting a trademark registration done via a consultancy?
Usually they will have packages, for example, it could include following things:-
- Preparation of the application for trademark registration.
- Search for the name for trademark registration and its approval.
- Filing of the application
- It may or may not involve same day filing of the application.
- A government fees which is to be paid by you.
- The cost of the trademark.
- And also the GST on their services.
Know the procedure for applying Online Trademark Registration.
Following is the stepwise info regarding the idea on how much time will it take approximately.
- Complete your trademark registration form online. File for it and submit details of your given list of documents.
- Now start by searching for the logo name which should be available to be used by you. If you hire professionals to do that for you, it will take about one working day.
- Now select the appropriate class, depending on the nature of the products that you are going to sell. There are about 45 classes. This too if given to the professionals will take about 1 working day.
- Filing for the trademark registration application will take about 3 days in general and you will get your trademark registration number in about two days from filing.
Write has expertise in writing on legal services like Gst, Trademark, Patent, Fssai, Msme, company registration etc.