Manage Cast Media Control Notifications From Chromecast
Posted: Aug 26, 2018
Cast media control notifications allow a user to get detailed information about the other casting devices that are using the same internet network which is being used by you. So today we will discuss the steps to turn off this notification.
If you want to Cast the media control notifications on the mobile phones and tablets, then you need to make sure that they are connecting to the same Internet network to which Chromecast is connected. It will help you in receiving the notification about all the available Chromecast and Google Home devices which are using the same wireless network.
First of all, make sure you are using a supported device for casting the media control notifications. So if you want to use a mobile device for casting, then make sure it has the Android version that is either 5.0 or above. You can not use an iOS device for casting this notification. Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, Google Home & TVs and speakers with in built Chromecast can be used as the casting devices for media control notifications.
Here’s the list of content that will be visible under media control notifications.
- Device name with which you or someone is casting to using your same Wi-Fi network.
- The Content providers name.
- Media controls buttons like Pause, Mute, Stop, and Settings menu.
- You can turn off and On the cast media control notifications using the Settings menu.
Chromecast Help steps to stop the Cast Media notifications on Chromecast and Google Home devices:
- Tap on the Google Home app to open it.
- From the upper-right side of the home screen, click on Devices to view the available Chromecast devices.
- Move down to the Device Card information for the Chromecast on which you want to stop receiving cast notifications.
- Click on the device card menu present at the upper-right side of the Device Card.
- View the Device information and turn "Off" the option to "Let others control your casted media."
Steps to stop receiving the Cast Media notifications on Mobile devices:
To temporary stop the Casting notification you can just swipe away the casting information that is being displayed on your Mobile device. Doing this will only block the notification for a short period while it may start appearing back if you cast the content with the help of another Chromecast enabled the app. So if you want to stop receiving the cast notification on your mobile, then go through any of the two procedures mentioned below:
- From the Notification page, click on the Settings menu.
- Turn Off the settings against "Show remote control notifications."
- Open the Settings menu.
- Go to Personal setup.
- Click on the option for "Google" and select the "Cast media controls."
- Now move the slider to turn Off the Notification.
- Similarly, you can also set On the slider to start receiving back the Notifications.
So, this was all you need to turn down the settings for receiving the Cast Media Notification on your mobile and other cast devices. For more help feel free to get www chromecast com setup any time you want.
Working Author in Chromecast Helpline, which brings all the insights on Chromecast. Get all the latest news and updates regarding Chromecast, like new channels, collaborations and more. You can also Call us on toll free 1-844-305-0086.