How to Deactivate your Facebook ID?
Posted: Sep 06, 2018
It’s effortless to deactivate your Facebook account by following some simple steps. You can even reactivate your account after some time by removing your profile temporarily.Open Facebook
- It will be a dark blue colored icon with a white "f" on it. If you are logged in already, it will take you to the news feed. If you are not logged in, then enter your username and password and tap Sign in.
- Tap?. It will be either in the bottom-right corner of the screen of your iPhone or on the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll below down and tap on settings.
- Now tap on the settings of account, it will now either appear on the top, of the pop-up menu in the iPhone or towards the bottom of the? list on Android.
- Tap on General, This tab will be near to the top of the screen.
- Tap Manage Account, It’s the bottom option on this page.
- Tap Deactivate This will be a link to the right of the "Account" heading.
- Enter your password, then tap Continue, doing this will take you to the deactivation page.
- Tap a valid reason for deactivating your account; if you tap Other option at the bottom of the section, you will need to type in a reason for deactivation. If you are willing to reactivate your account automatically, tap on "This is temporary. I’ll be back." They will ask you, for how many days you want to keep your account off.
- Tap close, if induced to take separate action. If the reason you selected is deemed fixable by Facebook, you will receive a pop-up messaging with an alternative action, tapping Close will remove this pop-up.
- Opt out of email notifications and messenger if you like, just tap the boxes next to Opt out of receiving future emails and keep me signed into messenger.
- Now "Deactivate," it will be at the bottom of the page. Doing this will immediately deactivate your account, you could be asked to enter your password one more time before the deactivation.
- You can even reactivate your account by logging back into Facebook the next time you open the app.
Aida Martin is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup.
IT expert having deep knowledge about PC antivirus products. Mainly researching and writing blogs.