How to Delete Old Posts from Facebook
Posted: Sep 19, 2018
When Facebook became popular, people rushed to join it, and since then they are posting some cool stuff on their Facebook timeline. The old memories are always happier, but sometimes these memories stored on the Facebook wall are being tracked by someone who wants to tease you or disturb you for any reason. In that scenario, how will you prevent someone from tracking your older posts on Facebook? Deactivating the account will prevent your stuff from tracking, but it will also prevent you from using your account.
Definitely, deactivating the account is not the solution that you would be looking for. Fortunately, there are some methods that can be used as a workaround to delete the older posts from the Facebook wall. There could be a variety of reasons that invoked you to remove your stuff from Facebook; hence these methods will guide you to clean up your Facebook wall.
Here’s how to delete old posts from Facebook
Hiding the Posts from Public
The most common and easy way to prevent stalkers is hiding the posts from the public. Facebook offers its users an option to hide the posts according to the choice. Some people are comfortable in sharing with Everyone, some are with Friends, and some would like to hide.
- Click the down-facingarrow from the top right corner of Facebook.
- Click Securityfrom the drop-down menu.
- Select See More Settings.
- Click the Limit Past Posts
- Now, a dialog box will pop up.
- Click the Limit Old Postsbutton and change to Hide or Custom.
Changing some settings for Timeline will let you keep the stories hidden from people you want it to.
- Again, click to open the Security
- Now, select Timelineand Tagging from the left panel of the window.
- Now, go through all the options and set the desired ones to Hideor any other preferences.
- Editing the first, fourth, fifthand seventh option to set these to hide is recommended.
Google Chrome Extension
Social Book Post Manager is an extension you can download from Google Chrome Web Store.
- Addthe extension to your web browser.
- Now, log intoyour Facebook account.
- Now, click the down-facingarrow to open a menu.
- Select the Activity Logfrom the menu.
- Now, click the Social Book Post Manager extensionicon from the toolbar.
- Click the yearfrom the right side on the Facebook window.
- In the extension, choose Postsfilter.
- Enable the Prescanon Page option enabled.
- Select the End dateto direct the software a period to delete the data.
- Now, click the Delete
- Click Confirmto Delete.
- Now, your posts will be gone forever.
Well, removing the posts from the Facebook timeline is quite worthy as no one will find your old posts to mock you. Hiding the posts from everyone will be a better option, but if you stick to deletion, you must download the recovery data from Facebook. The company provides an option through which you can download all your messages, pictures, and other stuff in just one go.
John Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at mcafee.com/activate
Source : mcafee.com/activate
I am working in I.T staff and I like to read books..