How to Update BIOS on HP Desktop or Laptop?
Posted: Sep 26, 2018
BIOS allow communication between the operating system and the hardware. Hence it is necessary to keep it updated. It is an important process and if not sure how to do it you can get in touch with the HP Support Number option where you can clear your doubts.
To Update BIOS Through Windows, Follow the Steps Mentioned Below:
- Go to the HP Drivers and Downloads page.
- Under the heading ‘Enter my HP model number’, enter your system’s model name and then press ‘Enter’.
- From the list shown to you, click on the correct model of your HP Desktop/Laptop.
- Now click on the Operating system and select your operating system.
- Click on the (+) sign under the BIOS section. If there is any other BIOS version available for your model, click on the download option. If the version is same as your existing version, it means that you have the latest BIOS.
- Save the file. Close all the applications and disable your antivirus for a while.
- Run the file you have downloaded for BIOS.
- Click on next and accept the agreement.
- Again click next and the setup will extract.
- Copy the extraction path and click on Next.
- After the extraction is complete, press Windows key + E.
- In the explorer window, paste the copied path on the address bar and press enter.
- Click on the option "Initiate BIOS update on this system" and then click on ‘Ok’. Follow the given instructions and wait till the installation gets complete. Keep your system on till the updating process gets completed. Make sure not to interfere in the updating process. After rebooting the system, your BIOS will be updated.
For complete HP Desktop or Laptop support, you can also reach out to us through HP Live Chat Support.
You can also update BIOS through bootable USB. Under this method all the above steps are same you only require a USB of 1GB or less. After copying the extracted path in the address bar and pressing enter, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the option "Create a bootable USB disk on key" and then click Ok. Attach a USB and create a backup for the data when the instruction is given to ‘Insert the USB to be formatted and click on Ok. Click on ‘Yes’ to format it.
- From the HP USB disk storage format tool window, choose Fat32 from the menu of the file system and click on ‘Start’. After completion, confirm it and close the window.
- Attach the USB to the system where you want to update the BIOS.
- Press the Esc button to open the Startup menu and select Boot device options and click on your USB device.
- Follow the instructions given to you to complete the installation.
- After rebooting the BIOS has been updated.
In case if you face any difficulty while updating the BIOS of your HP system, then make a call to the tech experts available at HP Toll Free Number.
For any help of HP products contact HP Customer Service Support