Why Mobile-friendly Websites Are Important
Posted: Nov 01, 2018
Mobile-friendly websites make it easy for mobile users to access products and services on their mobile phones. It helps those who are glued to their smartphones, thus benefitting the companies too. Website owners have become proactive and have started to update their sites so they are mobile-friendly.
Ever since the advent of smartphones, people have begun to use their mobiles for several purposes. Right from accessing emails, chatting with friends or family, or browsing social media websites, smartphones are used for different purposes. According to research, 60% of Internet traffic comes from mobile devices. This is indeed a great amount of traffic that can be sourced from a specific device.
It is believed that websites that are not mobile-friendly lose out on potential customers. People spend more time browsing on smartphones compared to traditional computers/laptops. Mobile devices are handy and have an anytime-anywhere access.
Some of the benefits of mobile-friendly websites are as follows:
- Increased Customer Reach – Smartphones have become common in all households. Making a website mobile-friendly opens the customer base for anyone trying a mobile search. It allows quick access and gives instant results.
- Functions Well on All Devices – Mobile-friendly websites often perform well on other devices also. Right from tablets to laptops, customers can access information on different platforms.
- Benefits Company Reputation – Social media agencies in Mumbai are of the opinion that mobile-friendly websites promote products and services offered. People usually make note of websites where they have good experiences or bad experiences, which contributes to a company’s reputation.
- Builds Credibility – Mobile-friendly websites build credibility among customers and clients. People who visit mobile-friendly websites see the company as reliable and credible.
- Boon for Online Shoppers – Internet marketing agencies believe that there has been a notable increase in online shopping and the majority of these shoppers shop from their mobiles. This kind of shopping can be done anytime, anywhere that is comfortable for the customer.
- Google Prefers Mobile-friendly Websites – Websites optimised for mobile devices are ranked better compared to others. Google tweaked the way it displays search results by ranking mobile-friendly websites better than others.
Internet traffic increases on mobile devices. In the coming years, and with the advent of smartwatches, Google favours websites that are mobile-friendly. Google constantly keeps upgrading itself to give the best possible results. In 2015, it was officially announced that websites not optimised for mobile devices underwent a severe drop in rankings.
Social media agencies in Mumbai often emphasise the benefit of mobile-friendly websites. This can be explained with the help of an example. If a customer uses a smartphone to locate a nearby dentist, he/she is likely to visit a dental practitioner soon. This benefits the customer along with the dental practice centre that was wise enough to be available on the customer’s mobile device. There are other advantages of using mobile-friendly websites, such as limited pop-ups, responsiveness to queries and eliminating distractions.
A mobile-friendly website invites customers to try their products and services in a more efficient manner. Customers can utilise their free time by browsing on their smartphones and even ordering products online. It is a two-way approach that aids customers as well as clients. Digital marketing experts believe that mobile surfing has surpassed all other traditional forms of research over the Internet.
Bal Rai is an Internet Marketing Consultant at eTrack Media, a leading SEO company in Redditch, UK.