What is Yoga Instructor Certification and Who Needs It?
Posted: Dec 06, 2018
Being a yoga instructor is both internally and externally rewarding if you are innately passionate to help others prosper in life. Gaining recognition as a yoga teacher bestows you with the opportunity to touch people’s lives in a positive manner and to lead them on the path of enrichment. In order to serve this noble mission wholeheartedly and with veracity, yoga teacher aspirants need to enroll in yoga instructor in India.
A yoga teacher in India is a highly recommended option because the land of India is the birthplace of yoga and houses some of the finest yoga teacher training schools in its diverse locations.
Let’s first learn what is Yoga Instructor Certification and its types?
Yoga instructor certification is a journey of learning and understanding yoga on a deeper level. The yoga teacher certification involves three levels: basic to advanced, in which the students are entrenched with physical, mental and spiritual aspects of the yoga.
- 200-hour yoga instructor certification: This certification course is suitable for yoga enthusiasts who want to build their foundation in yoga practices. It is a basic level course that introduces you to the primary level yoga teachings helping you evolve into a yoga teacher in India.
- 300-hour yoga instructor certification: A higher level course than the 200-hour yoga teacher training. This YTTC program is designed for advanced level practitioners and yogis curious to attain advanced yogic and spiritual skills.
- 500-hour yoga instructor certification: For the dedicated, focused and ones' wishing to live a life-transforming experience, 500-hour yoga teacher training is the ideal way to go.
Before enrolling in one of these as per your interest levels, check the affiliation of the selected program.
Yoga Alliance Certification: Yoga Alliance is a non-profit organization representing the yoga community. Registering with Yoga Alliance certified schools to become a yoga instructor in India is considered ideal because the association ensures credibility, traditionalism, global validation and higher skills.
Importance of Yoga Alliance Affiliated Yoga Instructor Certification Courses:
1. Curriculum Diversity: Yoga Alliance community celebrates the diversity of yoga styles, traditions and lineages. Therefore, schools approved by this community have a course curriculum with variegated yoga styles, techniques, teachings and more. With diversity, you become an ingrained yoga teacher in India.
- Authenticity and Traditionalism: Authenticity, traditionalism, safety are some of the quantitative standards of Yoga Alliance. Therefore, validated schools make sure that the students undergo a yoga experience that is authentic, traditional, and harmonious.
- Best of Facilities: A conducive environment is of high importance for deep penetration into the layers of yoga discipline. A renowned school acknowledges this and provides a highly motivating ambiance, apt infrastructural facilities, healthy food and accommodation facilities and more.
- Yoga Alliance Certification: Lastly, the Yoga Alliance USA & Yoga Alliance International certified schools offer certificates with Yoga Alliance stamp to successful graduates. This honor entitles you as a skilled yoga teacher capable of teaching yoga.
Who Needs A Yoga Instructor Certification? 1. One who wishes to evolve as a true yogi: The science of yoga extends beyond the physical practice of yoga poses. Mental and spiritual practices are at the core of yoga science. The yoga instructor certification courses incorporate the teachings of physical poses and spiritual practices like meditation, reading of Sutras, etc. along with a pragmatic ashram lifestyle. With deep immersion into spiritual practices, you evolve into a yoga teacher with heightened physical skills and a heart of the true yogi.
- Who wants to become a real source of inspiration: There are many souls across the globe who wishes to inspire mankind towards a healthy living. During the yoga instructor in India course, you are edified with yogic lessons that result in physical, mental and spiritual elevation. And by continuing to practice the wisdom of yoga after the completion of the course, you can become a living example for many who wish to tread the path of physical, mental and spiritual vitality.
- A person who desires for the wellness of self and others: Yoga is a healing gem discovered by mankind thousands of years ago. As you undergo a yoga teacher training course, you attain the divine wisdom of yoga. The knowledge gained motivates you to live a fulfilling life. Being a yoga teacher is your opportunity to use that divine wisdom for the upliftment of the society. In this manner, you make significant contributions to your personal life as well as to the lives of people around you.
With yoga instructor certification embark on a journey of personal transformation and lead others on the path of physical and mental liberation.
Bipin Baloni is a yoga teacher from India. His core specialization is in hatha and asthanga Yoga. He is a registered Yoga teacher who provides 200,300 and 500 hour yoga teacher training in rishikesh, India.