How To Integrate Salesforce With Netsuite?
Posted: Dec 14, 2018
Salesforce is the worldwide leader in making revolutionary business applications, served from the cloud and are designed to help generate leads for an organization. Also, it is a great aid in getting new customers, closing deals faster and sell, service and market in a smarter way. All this eventually adds up to the growth of an organization. CRM that stands for "Customer Relationship Management" is the software that stores customer contact information like name, contact number, address, etc. and also keeps track of customer activity like website visits, phone calls, email etc. The features of CRM are as follows:-
- Customer information is actively tracked and managed
- Connecting the entire team from any device
- Capturing the customers' emails intelligently
- Simplifying repetitive tasks that help in focussing more on leads
- Delivering instant insights and recommendations
- Extending and customizing as the business grows
NetSuite CRM+ is also a great tool that delivers true customer lifecycle management stating from marketing and opportunity management, order management, customer up-sell, cross-sell, renewal and customer service. NetSuite CRM+ provides the following key benefits:-
- Streamlining lead-to-cash processes
- Elevating productivity across the organization with a 360-degree view of the customers
- Improving sales performance through forecasting, up-sell and commission management
- Managing global sales and services organizations.
Salesforce and NetSuite, both are very popular CRM solutions, but with the difference in their features and use. Salesforce is a very good tool for all the tasks related to lead generation and tracking, and on the other hand, NetSuite is great in finance handling. So, by combining both these tools, organizations gain a lot of benefit from them. Many organizations use NetSuite for Resource planning, pricing and order control and Salesforce for analysis, lead closing.
How to Integrate Salesforce and NetSuite
Integration means that data from Salesforce is transferred to NetSuite and vice versa in an automated way. Synchronization of every Salesforce and NetSuite object is not that essential in this case. The key objective of integration is to transfer data automatically, or by a button, without manual download or upload of data. There can be many ways to integrate the two systems but the most prominent of them are as follows:-
- Using a custom integration adapter as a custom middleware based integration.
- Using a third party integration service like Boomi AtomSphere, Actian or Informatica
- Creating Restlet web service based integration using Netsuite and SalesforceAPI
A lot of coding is required in developing an adapter and is time-consuming as well. Also, the performance is also not as good as the other two systems because of untested and unforeseen processes. This makes the use of the Third Party Service the most convenient and safe approach, but at the same time it also costly and does not have the flexibility as that available in customer integration approaches. Custom Restlet based integration is faster to develop and better in performance but again it is pricier when looking for long-term setting than a Salesforce Integration Service. Also, COZYROC SSIS+ library for SQL Server Integration (SSIS) is available for Salesforce Adapters.
William Hills is a technical writer at JanBask. He loves writing and sharing topics on Web Design Services, Web Development, Salesforce Services & Cloud services and latest trends going around in web world.