How to sell on Amazon?
Posted: Dec 31, 2018
Selling on Amazon is ideal for individuals who wish to make small money while selling the things they no longer require. If you desire to know how to sell on Amazon, just follow these steps.
1. Create Seller Account
1. Click on the "Your Account." drop-down box in the Amazon homepage. You can find this choice beneath your name on the top right-hand side of the page.
2. Click on "Your Seller Account." This can be find near the top of the menu on the right column on the page.
3. Click "Start Selling." This will take you to a new page where you can select which type of seller you are. Click this choice under "Individual Sellers" or "Professional Sellers," depending on the kind of seller you'd like to become. Individual Sellers prefer to be free from selling fees (with the exception of commission Amazon takes from each order) while the Professional Sellers are fee-based and tend to generally be used by those who own (rather profitable) offline stores otherwise.
4. Enter the appropriate information. The next page will take you to a page where you can compose down your seller information, for example your credit card information (that will be used in the event the direct deposit from your funds has been released and you'll require to refund an order without selling other items), seller (business) name, and billing address.
5. Validate your phone number. Just enter your phone number, click "Call now," and enter the 4-digit pin you're given into your phone after you receive and automated phone call.
6. Tap "Register and Continue." This should complete setting up your seller account.
2. Create a Listing for an Item
1. Log in to your Amazon account. If you haven't already created an Amazon account, then visit log-on page, enter your email address in the email box, tap no to the password available; click the Submit button then follow the prompts for other information. You'll have to give your name, email address, and a password you'd like to use. This will only take some minutes.
2. Find the item you want to sell on the Amazon website. Search Amazon's database by choosing the category that you believe best fits your item and by using keywords. Keywords could comprise the name of the item, title of the book or film, as well as the edition of the product. You can also look by ISBN, UPC or ASIN. It is essential that you find the accurate version and format of your item, so that customers get exactly what they ordered. Be warned: displeased customers will dish out bad reviews for poor service.
Amazon will also offer a record of recent items you purchased through its database, so if you'd like to sell one of those items, you can choose it from the list.
- Tap "Sell yours here" once you've found the item.
- Choose the condition of your item. Select from a list of different condition types, which range from new to old to collectible. Choose the condition which best reflects the condition of your item. Even though you can sell some items below a "Collectible" listing, most sellers select the Used-Like New, Used-Very Good, Used-Good, or Used-Acceptable listings. Certain terms and conditions exist for selling things under Collectible that you can discover when you try to sell these types of items.
- Add a condition note, about your exact product. The condition note lets you to add further information about the condition of your item. Use this to notify customers about details which are not already open in the description given by Amazon. You may also like to insert a note about your service. Examples:
No box, cartridge only.
Information is not included.
Some scratches on front cover and disc.
Top class delivery.
6. Choose a price for your item. You can set your item at any cost but you have more probability of selling if you set your price lower than Amazon's selling price and that of competing individuals.
7. Choose the quantity of the particular item you have at hand. Choose how many of this item you would wish to sell. For individual sellers, this will generally remain at 1.
8. Choose your shipping methods. This section lets you to enlarge your shipping zone to multiple countries and via multiple methods other than the "Standard shipping". Expedited shipping is also accessible to all sellers, but that comprises further responsibilities. If you're an individual seller, it's simple to keep your shipments to your own country.
9. Tap "Submit listing." This will place the item on sale on Amazon. If you don't have a seller account so far, then you'll have to create the account and then submit the listing. If you wish to know how to create a seller account, just follow the steps in the next section.
3 Packaging and Shipping Your Items
1. Go to your Seller Account.
2. Tap "View your recent Marketplace orders." You can find this choice under the "Manage Your Orders" heading.
3. Find the Order
4. Authenticate that the status is complete. This means your item is prepared to be shipped. Tap the order number of the item.
5. Go to the Order Detail page.
6. Authenticate the process of shipment.
7. Print a packing slip and address label. You can accomplish this by clicking the "view your current orders" link in your seller account and then clicking on the "print packing slip" link subsequent to your order. The packing slip gives the address the item is to be sent to and a summary of the order.
8. Package the item. Your item requires to be packaged well so that it stays in excellent condition on its journey to your buyer. The order summary should be located within the package and the address should be fixed or written on the outside.
9. Mail the item. You can deliver your order however you desire. Remember that the earlier the customer gets their item, the better the review they probably give you.
10. Confirm shipment. Reverse on the "view your orders" page, tap the "confirm shipment" button and enter the delivery information.
11. Receive payment. Only once shipment has been established will the buyer's account be charged. For authorized reasons, first time sellers have to wait 14 days before money is paid to their accounts. After this period, you are permitted to request one payment per day.
4 Continuing to Manage Your Account
1. Visit your seller account. The seller account link is in the "your account" page on the right hand side. Your seller account page lists all the links that you require for your selling requirements. These are the major links you will be using as an Amazon seller:
See your current inventory. This feature will assist you see how many items you're selling.
Check your orders. This link will help you see your accessible orders.
See your payments account. You can track your payments from accessible orders here.
- Change or include to your account information by utilising the "seller account information" link. Use this link to update any account information that would be suitable for Amazon or for your buyers.
- Find specific order. If you're wondering about the position of an exact order, you can use the search box to look for it.
- Wait for an item to be sold. When one of your items is sold, you will get a confirmation email from Amazon giving the details of the order. How long you have to wait will depend on the status of your item. Admirable items will sell in a matter of a few hours (assuming the price is set just right to the buyer).
- See your ratings and feedback regularly. This feedback is a precious tool after you've sold your item. The more ratings you have and the enhanced they are, the more probably future customers will be to buy from you. Analysis ratings on the "view your ratings and feedback" page in your seller account.
- Sell new items. Continue to make more listings for items you'd like to sell, and continue to give your buyers with stellar customer service.
- Issue a refund for an order: In the improbable occasion that a customer is dissatisfied by your service and you agree to give a refund, you can give a complete or part refund on the "issue a refund for an order" page in your seller account.
We hope that after reading the above articles, you would have known the whole procedure on how to sell on Amazon. If you have any query or doubt, you can simply dial at toll-free Yahoo Support Number for getting an instant assistance via certified Professionals who are available day and night to assist you with value added solutions.
Resource: For more information related to Amazon Services and Amazon Reinstatement, call now +1-844-444-4171 or visit vinteksystem.com