How to Select a Good ISO 45001:2018 Awareness Training Course
Posted: Dec 31, 2018
ISO 45001 international standard for occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system has been released in March 2018. This standard aims to provide organizations a framework to improve employee safety, reduce workplace risks and create better, safer working conditions. Now many organizations across the world may be looking for establishing ISO 45001:2018 system, and thereby, certification. Before establishing a good OH&S system for quick ISO 45001:2018 certification, organization first needs to create awareness among its management and employees and interested parties. Nowadays, online ISO 45001:2018 awareness course is considered the best way to create awareness on occupational health and safety management system. It is also a good awareness tool for students, professionals and individuals to get complete awareness of ISO 45001:2018 system. Anyone can receive such online training from anywhere in the world.
Selecting online course for ISO 45001:2018 awareness training
Many courses on ISO 45001:2018 training may be available to you. While choosing the awareness course for yourself/your employees, look for the following:
- First of all select a course which is provided by ISO/IEC 17024 accredited training company. Go through all the details of the courses offered by the training provider(s). Ensure that the online training course is specifically designed for creating ISO 45001:2018 awareness.
- Check the profiles of training companies and the trainers/instructors who have developed the online ISO 45001 auditor training courses. Look for their experience in the field of ISO 45000 OH&S training and consultancy. A training course provided by qualified and experienced trainer should be undertaken for better knowledge and understanding.
- Keep in mind that upon successful completion of ISO 45001 training online course, you or the participant must gain complete knowledge and awareness of ISO 45001:2018. Remember, you are going to invest in training, so you must get the maximum out of it. After completion of ISO 45001 training course, you should be able to understand at least the following:
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System principles
- Overview of the ISO 45001:2018 requirements clauses and sub-clauses
- High level structure and framework of OH&SMS
- Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle of OH&SMS requirements
- List of maintain and retain Documented Information
- ISO 45001 registration process and steps for ISO 45001:2018 certification.
- Check for the following in the contents of online course that you wish to choose:
- Overview of OH&S management system
- Benefits of OH&S management system
- Overview of the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 standard
- List of documented information for ISO 45001:2018 OH&S management system
- Steps for ISO 45001:2018 certification, etc.
Another important thing to consider while selecting online ISO 45001:2018 training course is that the training should be available in easy-to-understand language. It should be a combination of lectures in the form of presentation/ video as well as handouts. The course should have provision for exams for assessment of your learning. At the end of training course you must get an authentic training certificate.
If you are looking forward to join online course on ISO 45001:2018 awareness training or want to provide ISO 45001:2018 training to your company employees, we hope the above tips will help you immensely in selecting the right course from the best online ISO training company.
Ian Colin has published many articles regarding ISO Certification. Ian has rich experience as a online publisher and prepared various Certification documents as per ISO guideline since large amount of years in his professional career.