Best time of year to visit Vietnam
Posted: Jan 09, 2019
Vietnam is over 1,000km in length and has three different micro climates, which allows it a great year-round destination. But it is hard and complicated to decide when is the best time of year to visit vietnam
Deciding the best time to visit Vietnam greatly depends upon how far north or south that you begin, as well as other factors such as festivals and holidays. In general, the best time to visit Vietnam is during March through September when temperatures are milder and rain is minimal.
During these days, the temperatures are more moderate and the rainfall is lighter, which making these days the best time to have a perfect trip in Vietnam.
Understanding the climate will help you enjoy your trip in Vietnam without being inconvenienced by rain. Below is our suggested times to visit particular places in Vietnam.1. SapaMarch to September
The cooler climate make sapa ideal when the weather is warmer are days are mainly sunny2. Ha NoiYear RoundHot and humid in summer, cool and dry in winter3. Ha Long BayMarch to September
Summer and Autumn offer the best chance of warm days and clear skies4. HueMarch To September
Heavy rains in October and February, Hot days from March to September5. Hoi AnFebruary To August
While the rest of Vietnam experiences summer downpours, Hoi An remains relatively hot and cry untill august, perfect for a beach escape6. Nha TrangFebruary to AugustWarm year round, sunny days abound from February to August7. Da Lat City
Year – Round
This alpine region is temperate year round and ideal for escaping the summer heat8. Sai Gon City
Year – Round
With balmy day year – round, afternoon downpours from May to November rarely affect touringWhen should I not travel to Vietnam?
Lunar New Year or Tet Holiday is not a great time to come to Vietnam. This is the one time of year that everyone closes down shop for a minimum of 3 days, but plenty of great restaurants or activities will close for almost 5 days. Lunar New Year usually begins in late January or early FebruaryClothing tips in Vietnam
- Though it depends on where you go to, here are some bonus tips for you concerning clothing:
- Light, comfortable, and easy to launder clothes is recommended. Natural fabrics such as linen, silk, and cotton can keep you cool and are easy to wash and dry.
- You don’t really need to pack too much because clothes are relatively cheap here.
- Make sure to bring a jacket with you when traveling to mountainous area or highlands such as Sapa and Da Lat.
- A raincoat is also a must-have item. However, you can easily find a plastic raincoat at some shops on the street. But it is recommended preparing a raincoat in advance while visiting the countryside.
- Mosquitoes are likely to be common things in Vietnam, especially in the summer. So, prepare some long-sleeve clothes and insect repellent for hot and humid nights out.
I share information about the country and people of Vietnam. I hope this information is useful for those who are coming to Vietnam to travel