Directory Image
This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

How to acquire a fiancé visa, fiancée visa, K1 Visa?

Author: James Donald01
by James Donald01
Posted: Jun 04, 2014

Acquiring a visa can be very difficult, especially when you are looking to marry a foreign national and bring him/her to the United States. However, if you carefully follow all the procedures and file all the documents and papers appropriately, then acquiring a fiancé visa will not be as tedious as it appears. In this article find out more about the procedures and steps involved in acquiring a fiancée visa also known as a k-1 visa.

First Step: Filling the forms

In order to obtain a fiancé visa fiancée visaor k1 visa, you need to obtain and complete the I-129F form as well as a few other USCIS forms. In order to be eligible for this visa the petitioner must be a citizen of the United States. You must also be legally able to marry, and must do so within ninety days of your fiancés entrance into the United States. Both you as well as your fiancé can marry only after any of your previous marriages have been terminated legally either by divorce, annulment or death. You must d also meet each other in person at least once within two years of filing the fiancé visa, fiancée visa k1 petition.

Once the fiancé or k1 visa has been issued, your fiancé can enter the country for a period of ninety days. During this period, you can plan your marriage ceremony, or simply get married in front of a Judge. Once married, you and your spouse must then file an application, for the foreign spouse to become a permanent resident and thereby be permitted to remain in the United States.

Children of your fiancee

In the event your fiancé, fiancée has children (under twenty one years of age and unmarried), a K-2 nonimmigrant visa can be provide to him/her. However, make sure that you have correctly listed the names of your fiancé’s children on the Form I-129f filed by you.

What if you don’t marry within the ninety days period?

The fiancé status will automatically expire after the completion of ninety days, and cannot be extended. Thus, you fiancé should have left the country after the conclusion of ninety days in the event you do not marry each other. In the event your fiancé does not leave the country, he/she will end up violating United States immigration law, which may further result in the deportation or removal of your fiancé or/and will also create problems for your fiancé in terms of acquiring a U.S. visa in the future.

Preparing for the interview

Once you have filed the petition, and upon review and approval of your petition by the USCIS, the NVC will send you a letter indicating they will submit your fiancé’s, fiancee’s case to the United States Embassy or Consulate where your fiancée resides. Once you receive this letter, you may then ask your fiancé to begin his/her preparation for their interview. At this point any children of your fiancee, as outlined above, will also be required to submit additional supplemental documentation for their K-2 visa(s) as well as pay the application fee for obtaining the visa. There are also additional documents that need to be prepared and submitted by the petitioner as well

Some of theadditional documents required:

You, your fiancé, and your fiancé’s children will have to provide the following additional documentation in order to acquire a U.S. visa: Please understand that this is a representative list and nothing in this article should be viewed as legal advice. This article is merely meant to provide an overview of the k-1, fiancé visa, fiancee visa process.

Form DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application) This document must be completed for each individual and a printed conformation page is required to be presented at the interview.

A valid passport for travelling to the U.S., with a validity date of a minimum of 6 months beyond the period that you fiancé intends to stay in the country.

Death or divorce certificate(s) of your as well as your fiancé’s previous spouse(s).

Certificates from the police department of the country in which your fiancé is residing presently and all the other countries in which they may have resided for more than 6 months sincethey weresixteen years of age. Police certificates will also be required in case your fiancée will be accompanied by children who are sixteen years or older.

Medical examination reports

Proof of financial support

Two passport style photographs

Proof of relationship with fiancé(e)who is based in the United States and a US Citizen.

For a complete no cost consultation before you begin this difficult journey alone, contact the immigration experts at The Law Group 1 877 354 7463 24/7/365.

This article is written by James Donald on behalf of; this is having topics on Fiance visa, k-1 visa, I-129F and many more. For more details visit:

About the Author

This article is written by James Donald on behalf of; this is having topics on Fiance visa, Fiancée visa, Fiancé visa Usa and many more. For more details visit:

Rate this Article
Leave a Comment
Author Thumbnail
I Agree:
Author: James Donald01

James Donald01

Member since: May 30, 2014
Published articles: 4

Related Articles