Moving on short notice - Boston edition
Posted: Mar 12, 2019
Everyone thinks moving on short notice is stressful - but does it have to be? Not if you’re well organized! Of course, you can’t expect to just wake up one day and have everything figured out - organization takes work. You have to know exactly what you’re doing if you want a successful move on short notice. There are many things that can go wrong - of course, that means there are many things that can go right. It’s important to keep a level head. The thing is, the biggest obstacle people face when moving on short notice is panic. Panic doesn’t help you get things done - in fact, you just end up freaked out because every task seems huge and impossible. That’s really not the case, so relax and breathe. Letting your panic get out of control is the number one cause of failed last-minute moves.How do you stop stress when moving on short notice?
Of course, you can’t expect to be cool as a cucumber when moving on short notice. If you are, that’s awesome, but most people aren’t. You just have to strike the sweet spot between feeling overwhelmed and trying to do everything at once and procrastinating completely because everything is overwhelming. There are some tricks to manage your stress levels when moving to Boston on short notice, though!
- Just think about the logistics of things. You have to prioritize things that have a time limit. Are you hiring Watertown based moving experts? Then you have to pick up the phone and start dialing as soon as possible. You don’t want to start too late, because depending on the season, many moving companies are booked weeks in advance.
- Maybe everything seems a bit too much right now. That’s okay. Just breathe. If a task seems too big, try to break it down into smaller, more manageable ones. Is "packing" too nebulous of a task? Break it down to "pack up your kitchen" or even "pack up your wardrobe".
- Are you running out of space when packing? Try packing your clothes in a way designed to save space.
- If you organize all the tasks properly, you won’t have to worry about forgetting something! You have to manage your time wisely, though. A proper moving checklist is sure to help!
- A robust schedule app will make sure you don’t forget something. If you have everything planned out, it takes a lot of the stress out of the equation, even when moving on short notice. After you plot out the steps, you just have to follow them.
- If you’re stressed out, just close your eyes and think about Boston. Soon, you’ll be in this amazing city, and this whole thing will be over.
Does your family know you’re moving to Boston? What about your friends? What about your employers, landlords, gym subscriptions, utility providers…? There is more paperwork to do than you’d first guess when moving. And it’s important paperwork too! Of course, some things will just be a nuisance, like having an auto-renewing gym subscription from a city you’re no longer in. But some, like your mail, is a lot more important. Did you change your mailing address with the USPS? You have to notify your employer, landlord, and any relevant people as soon as possible. After all, depending on what your work is, you might have to quit, or you might be able to move to a branch in Boston.
Does your medical provider know you’re moving to Boston? Of course, the fine details of your relocation aren’t really their business, only the fact that you’re no longer in your current city is. But, you have to get your medical paperwork with you - it will make finding a doctor in Boston far easier! The same goes for your children’s medical documents if you have children. And if you have a furry friend, make sure you don’t neglect their vet file! It’s far better if your new vet has your pet’s history of illnesses and conditions on hand. Plus, there are your kids’ school records too. There’s more paperwork than you’d think, and a lot of it can get lost when moving on short notice!Moving on short notice is way easier with professional help
Of course, a lot depends on the specifics of your move. Are you moving to Boston from one city over? Or are you moving cross country? If you’ve moved before and you’re moving a short distance, you could probably swing a DIY move. Moving before means you’ve got experience, after all. And while you might not have specifically moved to Boston before, it’s not an insurmountable difference. But, if you’ve never moved anywhere before, and you have to move to Boston on a short notice… it’s going to be difficult to manage!
This is where a skilled, trained professional team comes in. If you hire reputable professionals, like premiumqmoving.com, you’re sure to have a team on your side. With reputable professionals, how can you lose? Even if you’re moving on short notice, it’s nothing they haven’t managed before. Can you say the same for yourself? Plus, if you hire professionals, you don’t have to think about a lot of things. You don’t have to think about renting a truck. Nor do you have to think about driving it to Boston, and where to drive it, and how, and what the traffic is like. And, of course, you don’t have to break your back loading and unloading a bunch of boxes with all your things, possibly dropping them.
My name is Betty and I have been writing expert articles in relation to the moving industry for the last couple of years. Besides this specific area, I am also experienced in other spheres pertaining to the concept of relocation.